Virgen canyon (Bariloche, Patagonia)
from 50 € / p. from 2 to 11 personsInfos & Booking
The "Canyon de la Virgen" (canyon of the Virgin) is a pretty initiation canyon in a sumptuous environment.
Located half an hour drive from Bariloche, it offers varied and very photogenic obstacles overlooking the lakes in the region.
After an approach walk of about twenty minutes, you descend into the canyon. A first toboggan allows to immerse oneself in the fresh water. Some small projections lead you to a beautiful 5 meters high waterfall above a pool of clear water. This is the ideal place to become familiar with abseil descending techniques before tackling serious things. A nice trail leads to a 4m slide just before a beautiful 30 meters high waterfall!
You enjoy the place to eat, overlooking the lake. The end of the canyon allows you to follow the reminders under the eye of the "Virgen" before ending in the lake. A tea, coffee or "mate" on the edge of the lake comes to conclude the day.
- We will pick you up in your place (hotel, cabin, rental) in the city center at 9am.
- After a half an hour drive we arrive at the start of the canyon.
- There we give you the equipment adapted to your height and weight (5mm neoprene suit, shoes, helmet, shoulder harness, neoprene socks ...).
- Then 20min walk and we are at the start of the canyon.
- The return is schedulded around 4pm.
The price includes
- Transport from the center up to 8km from Bustillo.
- The complete equipment (5mm suit + jacket), 3mm neoprene socks, canyoning shoes, helmet, harness.
- Collective equipment (rope, waterproof bags, first aid kit).
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Lunch (possibility of vegetarian or specific meal in case of advanced demand 48 hours before).
- "Merienda" (snack) with tea, coffe or mate.
- "Merienda" (taste) with tea, coffee or mate.
- The "Canyon Initiation" certificate of the International Canyoning Organization.
The price does not include
- Photos: about 6€ per person including photos and videos of the outing.
Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking