Mountaineering in Vanoise, a step towards autonomy (Savoie)
from 265 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Come and spend three days in the Vanoise National Park in Savoie to progressively become autonomous in mountaineering. Three days of autonomy, in a tent, with the head in the stars.
The idea of the course is to give you the knowledge to progressively become a leader in easy mountaineering routes. To do so, you will evolve on different mountaineering terrains. The main objective is to have a magical time up there, close to the summits.
We will start by climbing the Vanoise ice cap from the Maurienne valley. This will be an opportunity to question the different types of roping up, but also to set up our bivouac in the white immensity, as close as possible to the summits.
After a breakfast in immersion, we will go down to the Tarentaise valley to head towards the spectacular Aiguille de la Vanoise. We will learn about roping in rocky terrain on a beautiful ridge outing. We will climb to the top of this peak to enjoy a 360° view before pitching our tent in the land of marmots and ibexes.
We will finally get up under the stars to climb the highest point of Savoie: the Grande Casse, at 3855 meters above sea level. During this ascent, you will apply the different techniques learned throughout the course, before coming back down with the head full of memories.
The programme will of course be adapted to the weather conditions.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Equipment you must have but that can be provided: crampons, harness, ice axe, helmet, crevasse rescue kit, rope, cams, belay system, tent, sleeping bag, ground mattress, stove, kitchen set, headlamp.
The price does not include
- The equipment you need to have: cramponable mountaineering boots, two pairs of hiking or skiing socks, mountaineering trousers, legging, technical first ctee-shirt, fleece, down jacket, Goretex jacket, two pairs of gloves, hat, neck warmer, sunglasses, sun cream, 35/45 litre backpack, water, food for three days, a small personal pharmacy.
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes".
- We will sleep in tents, close to the stars.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking