Baoussous canyon in Céret (Eastern Pyrenees)
from 35 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Discover the catalan canyons and more precisely the Baoussous canyon in Céret in the Eastern-Pyrenees.
Are you looking for a canyoning activity with your family or friends? This one is perfect to initiate you to jumps, abseils, slides and to make a playful trip in beautiful wild gorges lit by the sun throughout the day.
After a short approach walk, you can see the gorges. Arrived at the starting point, you just have to put the suit and equipment on, and let's go!
You progress in the undergrowth and in the river to arrive at your first obstacle, a 5 meters abseil ideal to start well. This is the opportunity to explain to you the method to go down safely. You continue with a short walk in the canyon which brings you to a superb 10 meters abseil. You then arrive at the best part of the route: 6 meter slides and 4 to 5 meter jumps that you can repeat at will.
You continue your adventure with a series of slides of 3 to 5 meters and a small abseil of 6 meters. Finally, you enter a magnificent gorge where you can see a succession of three pools and abseiling slides (17, 6 and 12 meters) to arrive in a beautiful basin. All that's left to do is to change clothes and go back to the cars in 15 minutes of walking.
Departure every day, except Wednesday, during the canyoning season, from the end of June to the beginning of September. Additional session on Thursday afternoon.
- You must be able to swim and be in good physical condition.
- Be 7 years old and at least 120cm tall (minimum canyoning suit size is 7 years old) and BE accompanied by an adult.
- Weigh a maximum of 120kg (maximum canyoning suit is size 8).
Equipment to bring: a swimming suit, a towel, a change of clothes, a snack if you are afraid of getting hungry (cereal bars, etc.), a bottle of water.
If you enjoy this canyoning outing, don't hesitate to try the descents of two other classics of the Eastern-Pyrenees: the Gourg des Anelles canyon, nearby and a little more technical or the Llech canyon, one of the most beautiful of the region and more sportive.
- Meet in Céret in the Eastern-Pyrenees, about 30 minutes drive from Perpignan.
- Departure at 9am for the morning outings (every day except Wednesday) and at 12.45pm on Thursday afternoon.
- Approximately 25 minutes of approach walking.
- Canyoning descent including :
- 4 to 5 jumps from 2 to 5 meters (not mandatory).
- 6 abseils from 5 to 17 meters.
- Slides from 2 to 6 meters (not mandatory).
- Approximately 10 minutes of walking back to the parking lot.
- Total duration of the activity: 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of canyoning: neoprene suit with in 5.5mm hood, 3mm neoprene socks, harness, lanyards, belay device, ropes, helmet, waterproof bags, shoes, first aid kit, etc.
- The photos of the outing and the loan of canyoning shoes are offered.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking