Gourg des Anelles canyon (Céret, Eastern Pyrenees)
from 45 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Discover the Catalan canyons and more precisely the sport canyon of Gourg des Anelles in Céret in the Eastern-Pyrenees.
Are you looking for a canyoning activity with your family or friends? Discover the most beautiful canyons of the Eastern-Pyrenees for sessions rich in sensations. And for those who wish to improve their skills, many jumps, abseils and slides are waiting for you on this route... in a really extraordinary site.
The Gourg des Anelles canyon is a small jewel of the Catalan canyons. A fifteen minute walk through the characteristic vegetation of broom, heather and cades brings you to the river, where you put your wetsuits on. A handrail (cable) takes you safely to your first abseil. This is the highest and most impressive one, with a height of 27 meters.
After crossing a magnificent basin and descending a small 5 meters abseil followed by a slide, you enter the most beautiful and narrow part of the gorge. In the middle of it, you have the possibility to make jumps of 3 and 7 meters. You continue your adventure through two other slides and swim in a splendid basin surrounded by steep walls to discover the second abseil of 3 meters, with a small possible jump of 4 meters. Then a small slide leads to a beautiful basin with a pebble beach.
Next step: a 6 meter jump or an abseiling-toboggan to arrive in a suspended basin which makes you discover the last abseiling with sensations: few ropes and a lot of sliding. At the end you can have fun jumping and doing tricks from the natural diving board of 4 to 5 meters. The walk continues in the river and you pass under huge chaos of boulders (cave), with a last basin to cross. All that remains is to change clothes before starting a short climb back to the cars.
Departure every day, except Wednesday and Sunday (in June and July), from the end of June to the beginning of September.
- You must be able to swim and be in good physical condition.
- Be 10 years old and at least 120cm tall (minimum canyoning suit size is 7 years old) and BE accompanied by an adult.
- Weigh a maximum of 120kg (maximum canyoning suit is size 8).
Equipment to bring: a swimming suit, a towel, a change of clothes, a snack if you are afraid of getting hungry (cereal bars, etc.), a bottle of water.
If you enjoy this canyoning outing, don't hesitate to try the descents of two other classics of the Eastern-Pyrenees: the Baoussous canyon, nearby and perfect for an initiation or the Llech canyon, one of the most beautiful of the region and more sportive.
- Meet in Céret in the Eastern-Pyrenees, about 30 minutes drive from Perpignan.
- Departure at 1pm.
- Approximately 15 minutes of approach walking.
- Canyoning descent including :
- 4 to 5 jumps from 2 to 7 meters (not mandatory).
- 5 abseils from 4 to 27 meters.
- Slides from 2 to 6 meters.
- Approximately 20 minutes of walking back to the parking lot.
- Total duration of the activity: from 3 to 4 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of canyoning: neoprene suit with in 5.5mm hood, 3mm neoprene socks, harness, lanyards, belay device, ropes, helmet, waterproof bags, shoes, first aid kit, etc.
- The photos of the outing and the loan of canyoning shoes are offered.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking