Climbing and yoga course in the Baronnies (Drôme)
from 610 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
You are a climber and/or yogi and you wish to discover or improve your practice? This course is for you!
In the south of the Drôme department, at the foot of the Mont Ventoux and in the heart of the Baronnies of Provence, the village of Montbrun-les-Bains offers you an exceptional natural environment to recharge your batteries and refocus on nature.
This 5-day course is an opportunity to practice climbing on various sites of the region (which has many ones). All of them are located in bucolic environments and surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
You will mainly climb on the site of Chavoul, located above the river Gour des Oules. This cliff, close to the beautiful village of Montbrun-les-Bains, is very little frequented, recently bolted and offers a rock with a welcome grip. An initiation sector (slab and cracks) and another with more difficult routes (wall with holes, overhangs, dihedral, etc.) allow everyone to find routes at their level and to work on more ambitious objectives.
We will also discover more known sites among the following ones:
- Mévouillon: in a pleasant environment, you will enjoy a surprising and adherent limestone.
- Pelleret: very beautiful rock, magnificent and wild landscape, this site is inescapable.
- Plaisians: pretty cliff situated next to a magnificent clue.
- Ubrieux: at the entrance of the village of Buis-les-Baronnies, you overhang the Ouvèze from beautiful limestone slabs.
- Baume rousse: this site is very famous thanks to its superb routes, its magnificent view and the quality of its rock.
- Aiguille-de-Buis: the effort of the approach walk is quickly rewarded by the superb panoramas and the good rock.
- Baume noire: this quiet cliff offers routes of all levels.
You are tempted by this course but you would prefer a 100% climbing version? You can opt for this 4-day climbing course also taking place in the Baronnies.
And if you like this concept, I propose to practice climbing and yoga in Die region (southern Vercors) or this acro-yoga and climbing course still in the Baronnies.
Arrival on Sunday evening, dinner all together at the lodge.
Daily program from Monday to Friday :
- 8.30am - 9.30am: Morning yoga focused on preparation for climbing.
- 10.15am - 4.15pm: Climbing and snack on site (provided).
- 6pm - 7pm: Evening yoga and recovery (except on Friday).
- 7.30pm: Dinner (except on Friday).
You will learn the technical basics necessary for safe climbing. Then we will identify the desires and needs of each one to progress and take more pleasure in climbing.
The rest of the week, the days will be divided between climbing under the watchful eye of your instructor, and educational workshops to meet your needs.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Yoga classes and equipment.
- Equipment necessary for the practice of the activity, modern and in the standards (harness, helmet, rope, belay device, quickdraws, etc.). It is recommended to bring your own climbing shoes.
- Full board accomodation.
- Transport on site.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Montbrun-les-Bains, about an hour drive from Carpentras or Sisteron.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- At the Vergol lodge overlooking the Toulourenc valley, a few kilometers from the castle of Aulan and Montbrun-les-Bains.
- In a restored and isolated farm, facing the Mont Ventoux, Marie and Eric Leininger, mountain guide, welcome you warmly and put at your disposal 2 dormitories and 2 rooms with independent sanitary facilities, a dining room with fireplace and equipped kitchen, a large covered terrace and acres of tranquility!
- Rooms for 2 to 3 people.
- Possibility to sleep in the campsite at the lodge.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking