Oscuros del Balcès canyon (Sierra de Guara)
from 56 € / p. from 2 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The canyon of Oscuros del Balces is certainly one of the most beautiful in Sierra de Guara. Here, the Isuala river has carved gigantic faults in the limestone, creating impressive gorges whose cliffs are visible from far away. Located near Rodellar, accessible, moderately difficult, quite short and beautiful from beginning to end, this canyon is fun and leaves no one indifferent.
In short, with its transparent turquoise waters and its exceptional underground passages, it is a real jewel that you must discover.
The descent of the Oscuros del Balcès begins with a magnificent and very wild approach walk, where you can admire the valley of the Rio Isuala but also a multitude of vultures.
The descent of the canyon itself begins with an exploration of a large chaos (huge boulders that form caves) where we find an abseil, slides and small water passages under the rocks. Then comes the highlight of the show, with a 1 meter wide, 200 meters long narrow passage topped by cliffs up to 30 meters high. The light is subdued, the atmosphere is incredible: it is the ideal moment to let yourself be carried by the water and to enjoy this unique show. A last abseiling allows you to access the most open part of the canyon and offers you some final jumps.
- Price per person: 60€.
- Reduced rate for groups of 5 people or more: 56€.
If you feel like doing other classical (and equally beautiful) canyoning descents in Sierra de Guara, don't hesitate to follow me in the following canyons: rio Vero, Peonera, Formiga, Upper Mascun or Barrasil.
- Meeting point at 8.30am on the track betweem Bierge and Las Almunias.
- Approach walk of about 1.5 hour.
- About 2 hours to descend the canyon.
- Picnic an the end of the canyon.
- Return walk of 30 minutes.
- Return around 4pm.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Equipment necessary to practice the activity (neoprene suit, helmet, harness, lanyards, belay device, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking