Espolon de la Virgen via ferrata (Rodellar, Sierra de Guara)
Duration : ½ day
Level : discovery
from 45 € / p. from 2 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The Espolon de la Virgen via ferrata in Rodellar allows you to discover a high place of climbing in Spain and this village nestled in the heart of the Sierra de Guara Natural Park.
The route of this via ferrata proposes to go up the Espolon de la Virgen, a vertical wall which allows to reach a sublime point of view on the famous Mascun canyon. The descent is made by a succession of short abseils in the dry canyon of the Virgen. The landscapes which surround you are of an extraordinary beauty and with a little luck, you will be able to observe large raptors whose nests are located in the surrounding cliffs.
This route is open to all, especially children, and is particularly suitable for spending a good time with family or friends.
The nice approach walk that starts from Rodellar overlooks and then crosses the Mascun river several times before arriving at the start of the via ferrata. The first part goes up a steep and vertiginous rock pillar, but well equipped with bars, which allow you to gain height quickly. A short transition walk leads to the second part, even more vertiginous and impressive, which goes up along a ridge to the top of the cliff and then to the hermitage of the Virgin of Rodellar where the panorama is breathtaking. The return can be done on a path or better, via the dry canyon of the Virgen which will be the opportunity to make 3 abseils of 6, 5 and 12 meters high.
- Price per person: 50€.
- Reduced rate for groups of 5 people or more: 45€.
If you like vertical adventures in via ferrata, I also propose two other routes in Sierra de Guara: Peñas Juntas in Bierge and Canal del Palomo in Vadiello.
- Meeting point in the village of Rodellar.
- 30 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- From 2 to 2.5 hours of activity to climb the via ferrata.
- 30 minutes walk back to get back to the parking.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to practice the activity (helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, belay device, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Rodellar.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking