Thônes via ferrata (Aravis, Haute-Savoie)
from 45 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
High above the town of Thônes in Haute Savoie, the via ferrata de la Roche à l'Agathe offers gorgeous rural views on the Tournette massif. This thrilling route that goes up the cliff of the Roche des Calvaires is perfect for fit adventurers that want a taste of the French Alps paired with a little adrenaline.
This via ferrata route has a South orientation. It is spread in 3 successive sections and involves 255 meters of elevation in ascent and crossing. The path becomes more difficult as it progresses although there are 2 exit routes that allow to shorten the activity if necessary. A physical overhang is the last step of the via ferrata, and there is also an option to climb a more accessible ladder. The descent is carried out with cables on the steepest part.
The program begins and ends at the via ferrata parking lot in the Thônes center, you will need to get there on your own. Once we meet, we will walk for 10 minutes to the starting point, and from there we will enjoy 3 hours of adventure in nature. Keep in mind that you will need a good fitness level to join.
I am waiting for you to share a moment of adventure and nature at the doors of the Aravis mountains and in total security!
- Meeting times and places are fixed together. The parking of the via ferrata is located in Thônes center, about 30 minutes drive from Annecy.
- Transport from the meeting point to the practice site is managed by the participants (carpooling).
- 10 minutes walk from the parking to the start of the via.
- Approximately 2 to 2.5 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- About 30 minutes to walk down to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Collective and individual equipment necessary to practice the activity: harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Drinks and snacks.
- All medical and pharmaceutical expenses that may arise during the outing.
- Insurance in civil liability and individual accident concerning the via ferrata practice (complementary subscription to an insurance repatriation FFME, FFCAM or other).
Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".