Mas Calsan canyon (Céret, Pyrénées-Orientales)
Duration : 1 day
France, Occitania, Catalan country, Pyrenees
Level : sporty
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to go through one of the most sportive catalan canyons, the Mas Calsan canyon near Céret in the Eastern Pyrenees.
With its numerous jumps, its superb slides and its abseils under waterfall, the Mas Calsan canyon is without contest one of the most beautiful of the Catalan country.
The day begins with a very nice approach walk in the forest which brings us to the start of the canyon. From here, the panorama on the Vallespir and the Mediterranean Sea is superb. After having equipped ourselves, the aquatic course begins with a first slide. The length of the itinerary and the multitude of obstacles encountered (jumps, abseils, slides, handrails, swimming, etc.) make it impossible to give a detailed description.
To sum up, you will enjoy abseils from 5 to 25 meters high in an incredible atmosphere, slide down slides up to 10 meters long and jump into beautiful pools. You will also cross a spectacular narrowing (hardly one meter wide) in which two beautiful abseils follow each other.
Departure on request from early April to mid-July at the latest.
- You must be able to swim and be in good physical condition.
- Be more than 12 years old and be accompanied by an adult.
- Weigh a maximum of 120kg (maximum canyoning suit is size 8).
Equipment to bring: a swimming suit, a towel, a change of clothes, a snack if you are afraid of getting hungry (cereal bars, etc.), a picnic for the way back to the car, a bottle of water.
The price is 55€ per person. A 5€ discount per person is granted for groups already constituted of 4 or more people.
You might also follow me in the descents of three other classics of the Eastern-Pyrenees: the Baoussous canyon, nearby and perfect for an initiation, the Gourg des Anelles canyon, a little more technical and the Llech canyon, one of the most beautiful of the region and more sportive.
- Meet in Céret in the Eastern-Pyrenees, about 30 minutes drive from Perpignan.
- Approximately 45 minutes of approach walking.
- Canyoning descent including :
- jumps from 3 to 7 meters (not mandatory),
- 10 abseils from 5 to 25 meters,
- Slides from 2 to 10 meters.
- Approximately 15 minutes of walking back to the parking lot.
- Total duration of the activity: from 5 to 6 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of canyoning: neoprene suit with in 5.5mm hood, 3mm neoprene socks, neoprene gloves (if cold water), harness, lanyards, belay device, ropes, helmet, waterproof bags, shoes, first aid kit, etc.
- The photos of the outing and the loan of canyoning shoes are offered.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place in Céret.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking