Khopra trek: the 4 wonderful viewpoints of the Annapurna region
from 2690 € / p. from 8 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
This new circuit is made possible by the construction of new lodges by the villagers of the Annapurna foothills region to create new trekking routes. This is one of the most beautiful and new route in Nepal!
Admire the images of the 2016 trip:
This trekking goes off the beaten track, to explore the southern slopes of the Annapurnas, with a maximum altitude of 3600 meters at the hamlet of Khopra, a real eagle nest perched on a ridge.
The path takes you through gurung villages and rhododendron forests, and you will discover breathtaking views of the Annapurnas and Daulaghiri.
Highlights of this trip:
- A new, little-known route at the feet of the Annapurnas
- Accommodation in recent lodges and participation in villagers' income
- Four beautiful viewpoints: Muldai, Khopra, Poon Hill and Moare Danda
- A splendid ridge course without difficulty between Poon Hill and Moare Danda
- Accompaniment by the Nepalese team with whom I have been walking for a long time and whose professionalism is matching only by its good mood!
- And as always a real training in the Art of walking that allows anyone who loves walking and rare trips to consider this trekking!
D1: Flight from Paris to Kathmandu.
D2: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Installation at the hotel. Free time, then dinner together, presentation of the local team and formalities for trekking. Night at the hotel (Meals at your expense).
D3: Kathmandu - Kimche - Gandrung (1690m).
45 minutes flight, 2 hours drive. 1h30 walk, positive elevation: 300m.
D4: Gandrung - Thadapani (2690m).
5 hours walk, E+: 800m, E-: 100m.
D5: Thadapani - Dobato (3460m).
5 hours walk, E+: 900m, E- 170m.
D6: Dobato -belvedere of Muldai (3640m) - Isharu-river (2600m) - Chistibung (3020m).
1 hour walk to the Muldai viewpoint, E+/-: 180m.
5 hours walk to reach Chistibung, E+: 420 m, E-: 850m.
D7: Chistibung - Khopra Ridge (3642m) - hiking to a viewpoint (4025m) - Khopra Ridge.
3 hours walk to Khopra Ridge, E+/- 600m.
3 hours walk above the refuge, E+/-: 400m.
D8: Khopra Ridge - Swanta (2200m).
6 hours walk, E+: 400m, E- 1500m.
D9: Swanta - Ghorepani (2685m).
4 hours walk, E+: 650m, E-: 150m.
D10: Ghorepani - Poon Hill (3160m) - Mohare Danda (3300m).
4 hours walk, E+: 700m, E-: 150m.
D11: Mohare Danda - Nangi (2260m).
4 hours walk, E+: 200m, E- 1200m.
D12: Nangi - Lespar.
3 to 4 hours walk, E+: 150m, E-: 1300m.
D13: Lespar - Kathmandu.
3h45 walk, E-: 1200m.
From the end of the track to Pokhara: 45 km, 2h drive.
Pokhara - Mugling: 93 km, Mugling - Kathmandu: 110 km, 6 to 7 hours drive in total.
Free day. I will be at your disposal to organize these few hours in Kathmandu Valley. For those of you wishing to visit the city accompanied by a cultural guide, I will do what is necessary. Last meal in Kathmandu shared with your guide. Night in hotel (breakfast, dinner).
Depending on the flight schedule, transfer in the morning or afternoon to the airport and return flight to France (breakfast).
In the case of early morning hours, arrival on the evening of D15 in France.
NB: walking and driving times are given as an indication. E+: positive elevation gain, E-: negative elevation.
I also reserve the right to shorten or modify the planned stages or the accommodation whatever the causes (climatic conditions, full accommodation ...). Depending on this, I will find the best compromise to meet these constraints, without harming the success of your stay.
The price includes
- Paris / Kathmandu return flight (on a 800€ basis)
- Domestic flight Kathmandu / Pokhara
- Pokhara / Kimche and Lespar / Kathmandu transfers
- Transfers to airports
- Accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (double room, night and breakfast), and in a tent during the trek
- Full board during the trek
- Supervision by the hiking guide, also sophrologist, and assisted by a Nepalese team
- Trekking license
- Entrance fee for Annapurnas National Park
- TIMS card
The price does not include
- Passport and visa fees: 25 US$ (about 20€)
- Multi-risk insurance
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees in the temples of the Kathmandu Valley
- Sometimes a local evening show during the trek
- Personal expenses
- Bottle of water at the restaurant from 60 to 80 Rps, in shop: 20 Rps
- Meals in Kathmandu: about 1200 Rps
- Visits to the temples, some ideas of rates: Durban Square 750 Rps, Tibetan Temple 150 Rps, Pashupatinath Cremation Place 150 Rps
- Hotel and lodge
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking