Snowshoeing stay in Finnish Lapland
from 1250 € / p. from 2 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
During this snowshoeing and pulka roaming trek across the Finnish boreal forest, you will explore Hossa National Park. Every day we will find a place to camp for the night and light a campfire to warm up and cook a good hot meal. The landscape is made up of frozen lakes, peat bogs, rivers and small reliefs: enough to measure the immensity of the taiga.
You will also have the opportunity to practice ice fishing, to learn how to build winter shelters like igloos and also to discover local culinary specialties cooked in the campfire.
Walking time may vary depending on snow conditions, temperatures, group level. It is generally between 4 and 5 hours per day, to which must be added the time required for the preparation of the camp, ie 1h to 1h30.
- See pdf file (in french) or ask me.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation (see below).
- Meals, breakfasts, lunches and dinners, from day 1 dinner to day 8 breakfast.
- Loan of equipment: snowshoes, hiking poles, pulka and harness.
- Loan of bivouac equipment: tent, mattress, sleeping bag.
- On-site transportation from your arrival at Kuusamo Airport (KAO) to your departure from the same airport (for all arrivals at a different airport, the transfers will not be supported).
The price does not include
- Personal expenses.
- Flights to and from Finland.
- In chalet of 4 to 6 beds, for nights 1 and 7.
- The nights during the raid (2-3-4-5-6) are spent in more rustic but also more authentic cabin, in the middle of the forest, most often on the lake.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking