Unusual canyoning on the island of Crete
from 895 € / p. from 5 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Enjoy canyons among the most playful and sporty in Europe!
The Lassithi region in eastern Crete offers some of the most beautiful canyon descents in Europe. This stay is ideal for any sporty and adventurous person ...
All the components of the activity are present: abseils, jumps, toboggans, in exceptional receipts. Starting March the practice becomes optimal. Finally the accommodation is quality. Discover a wild nature, a cultural heritage. Our base will consist of two places of accommodation:
- the first in the Cretan hills,
- the second on the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea.
Cultural heritage and traditional cultures are still very present.
THE STRONG POINTS:
- deep canyons necessiting all kinds of techniques,
- a mineral universe facing the Mediterranean Sea,
- a warm Mediterranean welcome,
- an ideal stay to discover the activity, to improve oneself or to become autonomous,
- a well located and wram hosting, neat food,
- an easy access to Heraklion and pick-up from the airport.
D1: Welcome to Heraklion airport and transfer to the hotel. Dinner and overnight at our accommodation. Presentation of the week.
D2: first contact with the Kalami and Panagia Gorges. These canyons can be used to learn or review canyoning progression techniques. Picnic lunch, dinner and overnight at our accommodation.
D3: We go to the village of Kavousi. Descent of the canyon of Mesonas, deep canyon where the mineral side dominates. The approach walk is breathtaking. Picnic lunch, dinner and overnight at our accommodation.
D4: a day full of emotion awaits you: entering the gorge of Ha allows you to understand the etymology of the word canyon. Walls more than 300 meters high with tightening of 3 meters. Picnic lunch, dinner and overnight at our accommodation.
D5: transition day, hotel transfer.
Visit the city of Aghios Nikolaos possible. Meeting with olive growers and beekeepers, the flagship culture of the island of Crete. Free lunch, dinner and overnight at our accommodation.
D6: descent of the canyon of Portela, where all the components of the canyoning are combined (jumps, slides, abseiling). Picnic lunch, dinner and overnight at our accommodation.
D7: descent of the canyon of Arvi, and its big waterfall of 80 meters which plunges us into an oscuros where the headlamp becomes our breadcrumb trail. Picnic lunch, dinner at the end of stay at a local partner to conclude this exchange, then night at our accommodation.
D8: transfer to the airport. End of this canyoning trip in Crete.
This is an example of a travel program "Unusual Canyons in Crete (Greece)". The meteorological conditions, the flow of water and the level of the participants could cause the supervisor to modify the program or to make certain routes in a different order, in different zones.
The price includes
- Organization and supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- All trips by minibus from the meeting point.
- Full board accommodation in simple hotels from D1 evening to D7 after breakfast (except D4 lunch).
- Instructor fees (accommodation, meals, travel).
- Loan of individual safety equipment (dry suit, helmet, harness, neoprene hood).
- Training in material techniques usage.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- D4 lunch.
- All drinks including those of meals.
- Extras in the accommodation.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- And all that is specified in "The price includes".
Depending on the composition of the group, you may share a room with someone of the opposite sex. Full board comfortable hotels with toilet and bathroom in room, in shared double or triple room, sheets and towels provided. Single room supplement on request and according to availability.
Breakfasts and dinners are taken at the hotel restaurant. Lunch is in the form of local and hearty picnics.
The catering is a strong point in the course of a stay, I oriented our accommodation sites on the quality of services rendered. Trust me!
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking