Snowshoeing and mushing in Belledonne (Isère)
from 659 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Go to meet a unique world: this of sled dogs. More than just an initiation, you will learn and drive your team.
In the heart of the Belledonne massif, nature will share with you its secrets and its tranquility.
Throughout the week, I will share with you observations and indices of adaptation of nature to winter, during snowshoeing outings and at night.
I propose here a stay in slow tourism mode, with breaks and the opportunity to discover or practice other activities.
- You drive your own sled during the initiation to sled driving (included in the price).
- Gentle hikes to discover a natural and mountainous winter heritage.
- Panoramic hikes with views of 10 massifs of the Alps.
- Traditional meals of Dauphiné and the Kingdom of Savoie.
- Slow tourisme stay including free time.
- An ecotourism stay with trips by public transport.
- Accommodation in family cottage in a room of 4 or 6 with private bathroom.
D1: Welcome in your base camp in Belledonne: the Martinette cottage.
Discovery of the equipment and installation in your room.
Friendly evening in the living room, do not hesitate to bring specialties from your region to make them discover other participants. Presentation of open access activities.
Tasting of wine and cheese from Savoy.
In the evening: introductory slide show of the world of dog sledding (to discover the dog team, the sled and the history of these dogs, when they were used to move in Alaska, in Canada, in Siberia), to understand well the world in which you will be introduced.
D2: Discovery of the winter mountains.
Free morning or ski discovery of the 7 Laux resort with your host (extra charge).
Afternoon: the adaptation to the mountain, to nature, pushed the man to invent snowshoes, to domesticate the wolf and to invent sledges.
You will discover nature, traces, signs of life and adaptation. You will learn how to use the snowshoes and the associated safety equipment.
Altitude difference: + 200m/-200m, 2 to 3 hours of activity.
In the evening: nature movie about survival in winter.
D3: ½ day of mushing discovery.
½ day to learn the basics of driving and to prepare your sled for the day's hike at the end of the week.
On the program: order the directions, go, stops, position on the sled to avoid falling and enjoy the slide.
Elevation: + 200m/-200m, 2 hours of activity.
D4: Free activity day and panoramic twilight hike.
Free program, you choose!
On the menu: downhill skiing for the day, snowshoeing alone or supervised, additional outing with sled dogs, ski joering, equestrian ride.
You can also go discover the forge of Pinsot and its history or take advantage of our well-being actor.
Meet at 4pm at Pleynet to climb the ridge to see the sunset with a 360 degree view.
Altitude difference: + 100m/-500m, 2 hours of activity.
D5: Mushing day.
You go for a great adventure, in contact with nature by driving your dog team to the peaks. The Belledonne Massif gives its full dimension here. You enjoy the benefits of initiation and slide show to evolve in rhythm with the dogs of your team. You will travel on a route in the mountains, through small trails and protected forest, in one of the 30 sensitive natural areas of Isere: the "Bout forest".
Picnic in a forest hut, in the minds of trappers.
Elevation: + 450m/-450m, 3 to 4 hours of activity.
D6: Valley and alpine chalet.
You walk from the cottage to visit the Combe Madame. Leaving the thick spruce forest, you discover the shepherd's hut and in the distance the steep summer pastures and the beautiful ski mountaineering corridors. Before leaving, you will spend a positive wave at the frozen waterfall of Pissou, a must and spectacular place.
Elevation: + 400m/-400m, 3 to 4 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Full board accommodation according to the program from D1 evening to D7 breakfast.
- Transfers by 9 seats minibus and regular bus.
- One ski lift.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Supervision of sledging by the musher of the Clos de la vallée Blanche.
- The equipment: snowshoes, airboard and sled.
- Bed sheets and towels.
The price does not include
- D1 lunch.
- Transport to the meeting place including from / to Pontcharra-sur-Bréda station.
- Activities during days off.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Family and friendly cottage La Martinette in room of 4 (with shower) or single with extra cost (60€).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking