Recognize mountain birds course (Savoie)
from 250 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Let yourself be tempted by this mountain bird recognition course taking place in Savoie, in the Maurienne valley. This training course is aimed at instructors, managers of hiking associations, amateurs or professionals with activities related to the environment and the mountains, curious hikers, company employees...
"Birds have this wonderful talent to write the music of nature."
- Learn to observe the main mountain species on the ground in their biotopes.
- Know how to determine them, evaluate their populations, know their biology and their behavior.
Pedagogical tools used:
- Observations in the classroom and practical work in the field with binoculars, telescope, audio equipment...
- Reconnaissance of landscapes and biotopes (room and field).
- Presentation of bird species in their environment: classification, distribution in altitude (thermal gradient) and by biotope, affinities, transhumance and migrations.
- Field observations: altitude transect, lookout, approach in specific environments (cliffs, edges, wetlands).
- Submission of a summary of the courses and a bibliography.
This course is offered by the training center CIMMES, declared to the Rhône-Alpes Auvergne region under number 82 73 01239 73. It is a trademark of the Bureau Montagne des Arves.
3 themes are discussed, mainly in the field but also in the classroom:
- Some generalities on bird biology and their habitats.
- More specific knowledge of mountain birds.
- Mountain birds observation techniques.
- Daniel CARDE, ornithologist and member of the LPO (League for Birds Protection).
- Jean-Marc HERMES, mountain leader.
The price includes
- Supervison by the mountain leader and the ornithologist.
- Teaching fees.
- Tourist tax.
The price does not include
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking