Discovery of Orgère forest (Vanoise, Savoie)
from 25 € / p. from 6 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Discover the Orgère forest on the Maurienne side of the Vanoise National Park. On the program: tree species, traditional uses of mountain wood and visit of a sculptor's workshop.
You will learn to determine the tree species from pedagogical boards with the shapes of foliage, leaves or needles, cones seeds... But also the quality of the wood of each species, what uses do we do, what are its mechanical properties?
We will highlight their ability to capture CO2: they are agents of soil transformation, contribute to the ecosystem, protect the soil from erosion, and make the environment conducive to animal life.
Half day outing: three hours of walk in the Orgère forest and one hour and a half visit of the sculpture workshop.
This outing can be the goal of a school outing, outside the snow period.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Discovery workshop in the field.
- Visit of the sculpture workshop.
The price does not include
- Transport: meeting at the Orgère hut.
- For your information, the hut welcomes you for meals and drinks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking