A new look at Plan du Lac to discover rock glaciers (Vanoise)
from 30 € / p. from 6 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
There are 1024 rock glaciers in Savoie. Active or not, some are even fossil.
What is a rock glacier? Here is the video explanation:
A landscape reading allows us to reveal them.
This hike in Vanoise makes you understand their presence and their evolution. Long ignored, global warming makes some of them more active.
Watch this video that presents this problem:
Would you like to program this outing in the school setting? I will give you my approval number.
End of day outing: meet at 4.30 pm.
- Sharing knowledge in an exceptional place
- Spend a moment of conviviality during an evening in the heart of the mountain by sharing a fondue, watching the screening of a documentary on rock glaciers, and ending with a night return to vehicles (loan of headlamps)
This field outing has a goal of discovery, awareness and popularization, in the rules of safety and respect of fragile and protected environments.
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Landscape reading, discovery of geological phenomena: rock glacier, cauldron hole, rock engravings
- Welcome to the Plan du Lac refuge:
- The complete meal including moutain fondue
- The screening of the documentary "Giant rock glaciers under surveillance"
- Night return to vehicles with loan of headlamps
My hiking guide performance is not a class or a scientific conference.
The price does not include
- Transport to meeting point
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking