Multi pitch climbing route in Presles (Vercors)
from 140 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
We could also call it the "pearl" of the Vercors... Presles is above all 5 kilometers of uninterrupted cliff, 100 to 300 meters high, almost always vertical, in a mix of ocher and gray colors. A must for climbers in search of height ... and thankfully not only for the experts! Routes of moderate difficulty will allow you to apprehend this unique and breathtaking atmosphere. From the beginner to the confirmed climber, there will always be a way for you and I will be happy to advise you according to your level ...
Here is a small selection of classics, among the three hundred or so lanes open since the fifties.
- Bim Bam Boum (quite difficult, 100 meters): Its low height and ease of access make it a very affordable route. Surely the first to do if you want to become familiar with the multi pitch routes and rope handling (level 5a). The suite awaits you ...
- Les Buis (difficult, 250 meters): The first route climbed in Presles, in 1953! This classic offers a rather physical climbing, "old-fashioned" in cracks and chimneys. One of the most affordable routes of the cliff (level 5b/c).
- La voie d’Éliane (difficult +, 200 meters): Route mainly in slab, of moderate difficulty and homogeneous. Nice 6 piches climbing (level 5c).
- Chrysanthèmes (TD-, 200 meters): Still a great classic of the cliff, homogeneous level despite the variety of pitches. The route, most of the time well vertical, will leave you a taste of void! (level 5c/6a)
- Nid d'Aigle (veru difficult -, 250 meters): A progressive difficulty and stiffness roude. It offers beautiful passages on the original rock, orange and very carved, before tack, at the end, in the middle of impressive overhangs: atmosphere guaranteed! (level 5c/6a)
- Digitibus (difficult + / very difficult -, 180 meters): This steep and daring route is the most affordable way to become familiar with the red wall sector. It offers six piches on beautiful gray limestone with "drops of water"! (level 5c)
- Duration: 1 day.
- Departure: 9am.
- Meeting point: in front of Presles' inn, 10km from Pont-en-Royans.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment (harness, helmet, etc).
The price does not include
- Climbing shoes.
- Lodge "Entre ciel et pierre", Presles.
- Inn "Le Faz", Presles.
- Lodge "Vol de nuit", Choranche.
- Lodge "Les Arnaux", Saint-André-en-Royans.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking