Infernet canyon (Chartreuse, Isère)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : from beginner to confirmed
from 47 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Go in an impressive canyon close to the city center of Grenoble!
Located in the Chartreuse massif, the Infernet canyon is a narrow, spectacular and impressive canyon that can reach 80 meters in depth with passages of 2 meters wide.
The 25 meter high entrance abseil will put you directly in the heart of the matter. The next part of the trip is a canyoning descent that winds between the reliefs and offers other abseils, small jumps and slides. We will take the time to do and redo the obstacles before finding the sun again... but only at the exit!
To sum up, the Infernet canyon is an aquatic canyon which offers a unique atmosphere! It is ideal to discover this exceptional environment, out of time and accessible without any problem to all beginners.
The pictures of the outing are offered.
If you want to enjoy other descents around Grenoble after this canyoning session, I recommend the lower part of the Ecouges canyon and the upper part of the Furon canyon both located in the Vercors massif.
We will meet directly at the car park of the canyon, in the small village of Quaix-en-Chartreuse (38950), about 20 minutes drive from Grenoble.
Appointment scheduled time:
- Departure in the morning: 9am.
- Departure in the afternoon: 2pm.
Will follow a 15 minutes approach walking, about 2 hours in the water and a 30 minutes walk back.
Things to bring:
- Sneakers to walk in the water.
- A leash if you have to take your glasses with you.
- One bottle of water (1.5 litre for two).
- Some snacks or a picnic if you go for the day.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (5mm wetsuit, neoprene sock, harness, double lanyard, belay device, helmet).
Rate of 50 € / person or group rate of 47 € / person for groups already made up of at least 6 people.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Quaix-en-Chartreuse.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking