Ski touring in the fjords of northern Iceland
Duration : 14 days
Level : good skier
from 1100 € / p. from 4 to 7 personsInfos & Booking
In the north and in the east of Iceland, in the fjords then from the village of Olafjordur, a small port ideally located, you will discover the best of the peninsula in terms of ski touring!
Depending on the weather and snow conditions, we will look for the best slopes, the wildest peaks, and you will descend facing the sea to live an unforgettable experience.
If you want to visit new horizons, I propose you other ski touring trips :
- not far from here, in the fjords of western Iceland,
- in Ladakh and Zanskar,
- in the mountains of Turkey,
- in the Abruzzo region in Italy.
D1: Trip to Reykjavik and Valahnukur.
Flight to Reykjavik then transfer by car for 2 hours to reach Valahnukur, our stage for the night.
D2: Ski touring on the Myrdal glacier.
After an early start, we climb about 1000 meters of positive altitude difference to go skiing on the glacier of Myrdal.
In the afternoon we drive to the Vatna National Park.
D3 to D4: Ski tours from our base camp and up to your wishes.
Then we drive to the eastern fjords.
D5 to D7 : Exploration of different fjords.
Then road to our base camp in Olafsjordur.
D8 to D12: Discovery of the white treasures of the Troll peninsula.
D13 and D14: Return.
Drive to Reykjavik then flight back to France.
The price includes
- Organisation and supervision by the mountain guide.
- The guide's fees.
- Safety equipment (avalanche beacon, probe, shovel, etc.).
The price does not include
- Flights to and from Reykjavik.
- Transfers and 4WD vehicle rental.
- Accommodation and meals.
- Insurance and equipment (see pdf file or consult me).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Hotel in Reykjavik and on the road.
- Guesthouse (free management) and hotel in Olafjordur.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking