Curalla via ferrata (Passy, Haute-Savoie)
from 45 € / p. from 4 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Overlooking the Plateau d'Assy in Passy, Haute Savoie, the Curalla via ferrata offers incredible views of the Chamonix peaks and the Mont Blanc. This route which follows a beautiful limestone balcony dominated by the Aiguille de Varan is of an intermediate level and offers several cable bridges and footbridges.
Fun, sporty and vertiginous, the Curalla via ferrata will delight all the amateurs of this activity! On this cliff facing south, it offers a 500 meter long route, ascending and crossing from right to left, with footbridges, Nepalese bridges and cable bridges. There are some steep athletic passages (not vertical but overhanging) and the void is also quite present.
The itinerary starts with a crossing interspersed with a more ascending and steep passage, until arriving at the most impressive passage: the crossing of the Nepalese bridge (Varan's bridge) 18 meters long and then a short vertiginous and a bit technical section. This is followed by a few footbridges and cable bridges, and then a long traverse in the middle of the cliffs, including more vertical passages, leading to the last obstacle: the Mont Blanc bridge.
The return is done on foot, on a forest path which dominates the cliff on which the via ferrata is located.
So come with your family or friends to share a moment of adventure and nature in total safety!
Important: for organizational reasons, we ask that you make your request at least 3 days before the desired date of departure.
- Meeting times and places are fixed together. The parking lot of the via ferrata is located about 30 minutes drive from Chamonix or Cluses.
- Travel from the meeting point to the practice site is managed by the participants (carpooling).
- 20 minutes walk from the parking lot of Curalla to the start of the via.
- Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Descent on foot of about 45 minutes to find the parking.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Collective and individual equipment necessary to practice the activity: harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the via ferrata.
- Drinks and meals.
- All medical and pharmaceutical expenses that may arise during the outing.
- Insurance in civil liability and individual accident concerning the via ferrata practice (complementary subscription to an insurance repatriation FFME, FFCAM or other).
Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".