Grand tour of the Vanoise (Savoie)
from 400 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Take the time to discover the secret Vanoise.
A trek without constraints, but with breathtaking landscapes closer to the glaciers and peaks, modular stages: share with me summits to climb as a bonus almost every day for those who want more (including some pretty 3000m). An original route where we take the time, a natural immersion where everyone participates in the smooth running of the group, freedom, solidarity and mutual help, bivouac tent ... The adventure accessible!
You will start in Bourg-Saint-Maurice to finish at Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise (easy return then to Bourg-Saint-Maurice).
You will cross the following places: the Rosuel Valley, the pasture of Sévolières, the Plan des Plagnes, the Plan Séry, the Cul du Nant Valley and the waterfall of Py, Champagny-le-Haut, the Plan des Gouilles refuge, Leschaux Pass, Pralognan-la-Vanoise, Petit Mont Blanc, Mont Coua Lakes, Lac Blanc, Pointe de l'Observatoire, Parrachée refuge, Aussois, Arpont refuge, the vallon de la Rocheure, the Pointe de Méan Martin, the Pisset Valley, the Manchet Valley, Val-d'Isère, the Saut reserve, the Aiguille de la Grande Sassière (3747m), the Monal, the Vallon du Clou, Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise.
There are still many surprises to discover during this trek that I can not reveal here. As weather conditions, progression speed of the group and various hazards can disturb the stages, I reserve myslef the right to shorten or lengthen them. And then we are in bivouac, we can sleep (almost) everywhere!
The route takes place on well-marked trails but may have more technical or even dizzy passages such as a path a ledge, a scree, a firn ... Given the mountain terrain, the portage therefore, the duration of the raid, the altitude, it is better to have a little experience of hiking while roaming to enjoy this trek.
The stages are between 5 and 7 hours of walking on average, 500 to 1000m of positive elevation, with a weight of the backpack around 15kg maximum.
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Loan of the tent
The price does not include
- Food, accommodation and transport: about 350€
- Trip to reach departure the first day and to return home the last day
- Drinks in the huts
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipment
- Tent (for one, two or three people, ask me)
- Sleeping bag (comfort 0°), high hiking shoes (you can ask me advice before buying)
- Clothing and personal equipment to be provided: hat, cap or scarf, sunglasses, tee-shirt (s), "breathable" under-sweater, fleece or sweater, waterproof jacket (Goretex type), rain cape, shorts, jersey, swimwear, canvas pants, tights or sweatpants, a warm headband or hat, a pair of gloves, hiking socks, light evening / swim shoes (Crocs type), water bottle or plastic bottle, knife, plastic bowl and cutlery, small flashlight, small Tupperware for lunch, a sleeping bag sheet, a large plastic bag / waterproof bag, a toiletry bag and a small pharmacy, toilet paper, money, ...
- Hiking poles are in my opinion essential to relieve your back and your knees.
In any case, we will sort your equipment to have the lightest bags without loss of comfort, the extra equipment can be left at the start and recovered at the return. Provide a bag for this purpose.
First aid kit: I invite you to bring one.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking