Chironne via ferrata (South Vercors, Die)
from 60 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Come and learn the techniques of via ferrata climbing! This outing is an opportunity to discover the world of verticality and to transform your apprehensions into pure joy of an evolution in the vertiginous world of beautiful cliffs.
Located in the south of the Vercors massif, the Chironne via ferrata dominates the sinuous road of the Rousset pass and offers you a magnificent panorama on the Die region and the Glandasse. It offers you a grandiose and vertiginous itinerary, with overhangs, but also loopholes if you want to avoid the most difficult parts.
The course is composed of four distinct parts:
- La chandelle (the candle): The via ferrata starts with the ascent of a large well-equipped vertical slab, then continues in a dihedral / crack between the cliff and a beautiful monolith that leads to the breach of the "chandelle". From there it is possible to take an easy escape route on the left or to continue to the right.
- La traversée des toits (the crossing of the roofs): This is the most athletic and impressive part of the route. A first vertiginous traverse and the passage of a ridge lead to the marked and continuous overhanging section which leads to a large ledge. Here again it is possible to take an easy escape route.
- La grande vire (the big ledge): This section, which is also accessible directly from the "chandelle" avoiding the "traversée des toits", consists of a cabled path on a narrow and vertiginous ledge which leads to the last step. It is the occasion to rest the arms while enjoying the superb panorama on the Die region.
- La sortie des dalles (the exit of the slabs): Easier, it is the last steep section which allows to go out at the top of the cliff before the return towards the carpark.
During this half day, we will take the time to gain confidence in the equipment and I will give you the essential keys to evolve without fatigue, by learning to coordinate your breathing and your movements.
This is definitely a way to open the doors to future via corda or climbing adventures.
- Meet at the via ferrata parking lot, near the Rousset pass in the Vercors massif, 20 minutes drive from Die, and 1 hour and a half from Valence or Grenoble.
- 10 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 20 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- Plan on a total of about 3 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Necessary equipment for the practice of the activity (helmet, harness, rope, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber).
- Reduced rate for families (20%).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the Rousset pass.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking