Claps via ferrata in Luc-en-Diois (South Vercors)
from 55 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Come and learn the techniques of via ferrata climbing! This outing is an opportunity to discover the world of verticality and to transform your apprehensions into pure joy of an evolution in the vertiginous world of the beautiful cliffs of the Vercors massif.
The via ferrata I propose here is located in the exceptional environment of the Claps, a rocky chaos due to the collapse, in 1442, of a part of the Pic de Luc. It offers you an alternation of horizontal and oblique climbs and ledges, all without any particular difficulty.
The itinerary starts with a vertical slab about ten meters high, followed by another longer (30 meters) and very vertiginous. The rest of the route continues to the right on the narrow pine and tunnel ledges, always in a vertiginous atmosphere and with beautiful views. At the junction, an easy escape route allows you to return to the start if necessary.
The second part of the route starts with a rather vertiginous crossing, followed by a short descent and a succession of steep but not very difficult wlls, before arriving on a plateau and returning to the parking lot via a path.
During this half day, we will take the time to gain confidence in the equipment and I will give you the essential keys to evolve without fatigue, by learning to coordinate your breathing and your movements.
This is definitely a way to open the doors to future via corda or climbing adventures.
- Meet at the via ferrata parking lot, near Luc-en-Diois in the Vercors massif, 20 minutes drive from Die, and 1 hour and a half from Valence or Grenoble.
- 3 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 20 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- Plan on a total of about 3 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Necessary equipment for the practice of the activity (helmet, harness, rope, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber).
- Reduced rate for families (20%).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Luc-en-Diois.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking