Climbing session around Annecy (Haute-Savoie)
from 59 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Let yourself be tempted by a climbing session of 3 hours or more, on one of the different sites located around Annecy in Haute-Savoie.
This session is an opportunity to discuss topics that interest you: safety, rope handling, technique, etc.
All the material is provided, even the shoes (please tell me the sizes).
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the cliffs and climbing sites on which we will go climbing:
- Le Biclop: visible from Annecy and overhanging the lake, this mythical cliff has seen many generations of climbers. The routes are of all levels, up to 120 meters high, and take place on vertical limestone.
- La Grande Jeanne: located in the forest in the foothills of the Semnoz above Annecy, this site offers routes of all levels, about 20 meters high. Most of them are in steep limestone slabs but there are also vertical walls and some roofs.
- Morette: let's go to the Thônes valley, a few kilometers from Annecy for this site composed of several sectors. There too there is something for all levels of climbers!
- Marlens: located between Faverges and Ugine, this cliff offers various profiles (overhangs, slabs, vertical walls, etc.). The excellent quality limestone rock offers routes up to 45 meters high that can be climbed almost all year round.
- Angon: Excellent initiation site, this cliff is adapted to children and is located above Talloires and overlooks Annecy lake. The routes are not too steep, not too long and of a very accessible level, on a limestone rock made of slabs and cracks. And if you continue for a few minutes on the access path, you can admire the spectacular Angon waterfall.
- Duingt slab: Very quick to access, this limestone slab has routes up to 6c. The difficulty depends on the size of the holds you are climbing on. Once the session is over, don't forget to go for a swim in the nearby Annecy lake!
- The Sainte-Catherine cliff: next to the Grande Jeanne, this cliff offers many steep limestone routes in levels 5 and 6. You can test your endurance here as the routes are rather long, up to 35 metres high.
If you want to continue the experience for longer, you can opt for a day of climbing around Annecy or a 4-day climbing course in Isère in the Belledonne massif.
- Morning sessions, according to your choice or to the programme.
- It is possible to extend the session over the day.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Technical equipment necessary to practice the activity (harness, helmet, belay device, ropes, shoes, etc.).
The price does not include
- Tranport to and from the meeting place close to Annecy.
- Insurance: check your contract.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking