Via corda of Choranche (Vercors)
from 40 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The via corda of Choranche crosses the famous Circus of Presles, a famous rock climbing cliff located in Vercors.
After 20 minutes of walking, you will start with 40 meters of easy climbing to reach the median ledge of Presles (sometimes more than 100m above the ground!). You will then progress on the ledge, roped, before descending by a long and impressive 50m abseil.
After gaining height, you can easily complete your day by visiting the Choranche Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For a matter of organization, only groups of at least 4 persons are accepted..
- Duration: 3 hours in total, including the 20 minutes approach
- Departure time: 9am or 2pm
- Meeting point: entrance of the Choranche Cave parking
- By the A 49 highway between Grenoble and Valence: exit 9 "Saint Marcellin" coming from Grenoble or exit 8 "Baume d'Hostun" coming from Valence. Follow Pont en Royans then take the direction if Villard de Lans (RD 531) by the Gorges de la Bourne.
- By the RD1532: from Grenoble, take the direction Valence, and from Valence, take the direction of Grenoble! Follow the direction of Pont-en-Royans, cross the village, then take the direction of Villard de Lans (RD531) by the Gorges de la Bourne.
The price includes
- Supervision by the rock climbing instructor
- Equipment (harness, helmet, rope, etc)
Discount for groups: 40 € / pax from 6 people.
The price does not include
- Sport shoes
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking