"Field Ornithology" hiking / course (Vercors)
from 240 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This "Field Ornithology" course taking place in the Vercors Massif is aimed at an audience that already has at least some naturalistic basis.
It addresses the theme of birds with a particular pedagogy. This approach to ornithology is accessible and based on the field, the practical aspect, fun, with another objective to learn to relay this knowledge to an audience.
D1: Ornithology basis
- General ecology
- Classification of orders
- Ethology, morphologies
- Principles and bases of determination
- Field: species and environments, first steps in determination
In the evening: review and summary of knowledge, projection of a movie on the theme.
- Ecological context: purpose of singing, types of songs, ...
- Theory of bird song analysis
- Field: study of songs and determination
In the evening: review and summary of knowledge, audio quiz and listening to new songs.
D3: Diurnal and nocturnal raptors
At dawn: call to singing technique
Departure (for the day) for a site favorable to the observation of a large number of species:
- Ecology and specific ethology
- Observation and determination in flight
- Reintroductions, reappearances, etc.
You will leave with:
- A digital file with studied bird songs, and expanded to the main species of France.
- A paper booklet summarizing the knowledge discussed.
- A bibliography of the main reference works in the different themes: determination, songs, birds of prey, ecology, feathers, nests, etc.
The training can be partially followed (80 € / day).
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
Please contact me for more information.
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking