Saint-Marcellin "hike-abseil" (Tarn gorges)
from 45 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the gorges of the Tarn, at the border of the departments of Aveyron and Lozère, is a pearl of history and aestheticism: the village of Saint-Marcellin. You have to imagine a semi-troglodyte hamlet partly restored, at the foot of a high wall with ochre colors.
During this outing, it is a beautiful walk in a dry canyon that awaits you, between historical vestiges, abseiling and zip line descents!
Hanging on a spider's thread, you will enjoy a spectacular view on the cirque of Saint-Marcellin. With a bit of luck you will have the pleasure to observe the vultures circling above you. A natural spring allows you to refresh yourself before exploring the hamlet and the traces of the past.
The departure is early in the morning in order to hike during the cooler hours.
Come equiped: sneakers, small backpack, water. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream...
- Meeting at Sainte-Rome-de-Dolan on the Causse de Sauveterre.
- Approach walk : 45 minutes to reach the semi-troglodytic village.
- Break in the village.
- Walk of 20 minutes to reach the source of Paillasses and the beginning of the dry canyon.
- 2 small abseils of maximum 8 meters.
- After these first descents, the canyon opens up and a breathtaking panorama is offered to you. Indeed, you will be able to admire the gorges of the Tarn at nearly 400 meters of height.
- 1 abseiling of 30 meters.
- 1 very aerial zip line of 80 meters (not mandatory).
- 1 abseiling of 50 meters in spider wire.
- Visit of the troglodyte village of Saint-Marcellin.
- Walk of 30 minutes in easy descent to return to the parking lot.
Approximate duration of the activity: 5 hours.
Minimum age recommended: 6 years old.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for the activity (harness, helmet, lanyards, carabiners, etc.) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
|Standard rate||Rate for reservation of 4 persons and more|
The price does not include
- Transport to Saint-Rome-de-Dolan (contact me for any particular request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking