Introduction to multi pitch route climbing (Hautes-Alpes)
from 430 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Go for a week of climbing on the most beautiful cliffs of the Hautes-Alpes, in multi pitch route mode, just to get some height and enjoy the great scenery of this side of the Alps.
The goal of this course is to help you gain autonomy in bolted routes of several pitches. So everything will be covered, from belaying a leader, to managing the anchor, to escape techniques and tricks to get out of a bad situation.
These 5 days are dedicated to pleasure and training, according to your desires, your level and the conditions of the moment.
Here are some of the cliffs where we'll go:
- Le Ponteil and Freissinières, for a limestone and water drops in the sun.
- Ceüse to meet the myth...
- Le Fournel, a little taste of Verdon just above the house!
And many other nearby choices!
The price is degressive according to the number of participants.
I also propose the ascent of a multi pitch route in Ailefroide and, to progress, an advanced climbing course, still in the Hautes-Alpes.
Each day, we will discuss the different aspects of the multi pitch route: setting up and reinforcing belays, good belaying practices for leader and top rope climber, subtleties of the equipment to be used, rope storage, progression, and of course abseiling.
You will get personalized advice, and climb as a second for pleasure or as a lead climber according to your desires of the day and your projects.
D1: One-pitch routes climbing.
Coffee and croissants at l'Argentière-la-Bessée in the Durance valley at 9.30am. About 1 hour and 15 minutes drive from Gap and 20 minutes from Briançon.
On the agenda for this first day: a day on the cliffs with one-length routes, to take stock of your knowledge, your expectations, and to review and learn for the rest of the week. In short, a quiet warm-up.
D2: Learning and first multi pitch route.
Continuation of learning or review of the basics for multi pitch route climbing on a sport climbing sector and routes of 1 to 3 pitches. We will also review the preparation of a route (access, reading a topo, information, equipment, etc.).
D3 to D5: Multi pitch route climbing.
You will be alternately leader and second on multi-pitch routes, independently and under the eye of your guide. We will choose our big routes together. The pleasure and the search for autonomy, while increasing your level of safety, will be the main themes of your stay.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of common equipment (rope, quickdraws, nuts, first aid kit, rescue radio, walkie-talkie).
- Carpooling from the meeting point to the climbing sites.
The price does not include
- Return trip to / from the meeting point.
- Personal expenses.
- Accommodation, meals and guide fees to be shared by the number of participants.
- Your personal equipment: harness, climbing shoes, helmet, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- At your convenience: cottage, camping, hotel, etc.
- I can help you and advise you to make your choice according to your desire.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking