Annapurnas' balcony: trek from Ghorepani to Poon Hill
from 785 € / p. from 2 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The trekking from Ghorepani to Poon Hill is one of the best treks in the Annapurna region to enjoy the beauties of this area of Nepal.
This trek offers spectacular mountain scenery along charming villages inhabited by the Gurung and Magar, along the forests of rhododendrons and deep subtropical valleys. Indeed, the horizon is always surrounded by the chain of the Annapurnas or the very characteristic and famous Machapuchare (Fishtail Peak).
From Poon Hill, you will enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain view in Nepal, which is the main attraction of this trek. During sunrise, sun illuminates the snowy giants Dhaulagiri (8167m) and Annapurna (8091m) and a many other peaks, making this moment unforgettable.
Arrival and welcome at the airport, then transfer to your hotel.
D2: Pokhara - Nayapul - Birethanti (1000m).
About 8 hours by bus then a 30 minutes of waling to reach Birethanti from Nayapul.
D3: Birethanti - Ulleri (1600m).
About 5 hours of walking and night in a lodge.
D4: Ulleri - Ghorepani (2750m).
About 5 hours of pleasant walking across the forests of rhododendrons (national flower of Nepal) and oaks. You will see the Machapuchare, the Hiunchuli and the Annapurna South. After lunch, the trail will gradually climb until you reach Ghorepani, a village of the Magar ethnic group. The mountains are visible from your accommodation.
D5: Ghorepani - Pun Hill (3210m) - Tadapani (2630m).
In early morning, 45 minutes of hike to reach Poon Hill through the rhododendron forests for a spectacular view of the sunrise over many mountains: Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri (7061m), Baraha Shikhar (7847m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna III (7855m), Machapuchare (6993m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna II (7937m), Lamjung Himal (6931m).
About 5 hours of walking.
D6: Tadapani - Ghandruk (1900m).
In the land of honey hunters you go for a 2 hours downhill through a forest inhabited by Entelles monkeys (Langur) to join the Gurung village of Ghandruk and its beautiful dry stone houses.
About 5 hours of walking.
D7: Ghandruk - Nayapul - Pokhara.
About 4 hours of walking and 1h30 drive to Pokhara. From there you find the rice terraces down the valley of the Madi Khola river.
After about an hour of trek you reach Birethanti, then Nayapul where the trek ends. The rest of the day is free for a walk by example. Overnight at the hotel in Pokhara.
D8: Pokhara - Kathmandu.
Approximately 7 hours drive by Deluxe Tourist Bus.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers.
- Kathmandu / Nayapul trip in private bus from 8 persons, else in local bus.
- Nayapul / Kathmandu trip in private minibus.
- Hotel in Pokhara including breakfast.
- Pokhara / Kathmandu trip in private bus from 8 persons, else in local bus.
- Full board accomodation in lodge during the trek (except drinks, mineral water, beers).
- License for conservation of Annapurnas.
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team.
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals in Pokhara.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen)/
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home)/
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date).
- Transportat for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery, etc).
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow) that can not be expected.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated ....) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking