Snowshoe weekend in the Vercors
from 245 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
Escape into the heart of winter by walking with snowshoes on your feet through the snowy expanses of France's largest nature reserve! Spend an original night on the high plateaux of the Vercors in a sheepfold situated at an altitude of 1670 meters and taste the magic of waking up in front of Mont Aiguille...
Here is a snowshoe weekend full of emotions, a getaway made of unforgettable images!
The + :
- A real breath of fresh air to recharge the batteries.
- A change of scenery on Friday evening to take full advantage of this snowshoeing weekend.
- A night in a sheepfold in the heart of the natural reserve of the Vercors high plateaux.
- Easy access by public transport.
D1 (Friday): Meet at 6pm at Die train station (transfer on reservation at registration) or directly at the Combeau hostel before dinner, if you come by car.
Immediate change of scenery in this hostel located at the end of the road in the Combeau valley, at the end of the world! Spend a convivial mountain evening and dine by the open fire with a delicious meal prepared by Gilles, the master of the place. You will also appreciate the purity of the starry sky.
Night at the inn, in a dormitory.
D2 (Saturday): Snowshoe hike from the Combeau inn.
Superb itinerary in the heart of the natural reserve of the high plateaux of the Vercors up to the sheepfold of Chaumailloux, possibly passing by the Tête de Chevalière. Step into the shoes of a shepherd for a night in the only private sheepfold on the high plateaux. Those who wish can help me to dig in the snow to find the source! We enjoy a mountain raclette prepared on the wood stove.
4 to 5 hours of snowshoe hiking.
Night at the sheepfold, in a dormitory.
D3 (Sunday): The sheepfolds of the Jardin du Roy and the Pas de la Coche, at the foot of the Montagnette.
I will take you on a wild and secret itinerary: a change of scenery and a great highland atmosphere guaranteed. Return to the Combeau valley.
5 to 6 hours of snowshoe hiking.
Departure around 4pm at the Combeau inn or 5pm at the Die train station.
Walking times are given as an indication.
This programme can be modified to suit the group or the snow and weather conditions. The winter atmosphere and luminosity will be there even if you have to carry snowshoes to reach the snow.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Organization fees.
- Full board accomodation.
The price does not include
- Possible assistance and cancellation insurance (3.65% of the price of the stay).
- Rental of snowshoes (15€ supplement for the 2 days).
- Possible support in Die station (20€ supplement).
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Auberge de Combeau.
- Bergerie des Chaumailloux.