Snowshoeing mini raid between Thabor and Clarée (Hautes-Alpes)
Duration : 3 days
France, Southern Alps, Italy, Alps
Level : intermediate
from 160 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Go for a snowshoeing trip in the Hautes-Alpes, between Mont Thabor and the Clarée valley, with two nights at the I Ré Magi refuge, in the "Étroite" valley (narrow valley). What wonders and grandiose landscapes during these three days.
Located at 1760 meters of altitude, the refuge is warm with delicious meals that will enchant your taste buds! Here everything smells good Italy...
If you prefer day trips, I propose snowshoe hikes to meet the winter wildlife in the Aravis massif, and other hikes with spa or fondue.
D1: Climb to the I Ré Magi refuge.
Meeting point at Pian del Colle, on the Italian side of the Fréjus tunnel, above Bardonecchia. Count 50 minutes drive from Briançon and 1 hour and 20 minutes from Chambéry.
The landscapes and the atmosphere are magnificent, in the heart of the Narrow Valley.
D2 and D3: Snowshoeing around Mont Thabor.
From the I Ré Magi refuge, we leave for snowshoeing daily hikes.
We walk at the doors of the high mountain, at the foot of the high peaks of the Clarée valley.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Full board accomodation.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the start of the hike in Pian del Colle, 30 minutes drive from Briançon.
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Refuge I Ré Magi is at an altitude of 1760 meters, in the heart of the hamlet of Granges in the Vallée Étroite, in the heart of Briançonnais (Hautes-Alpes).
- Italian territory until the second world war, the Narrow valley is today a French territory attached to the commune of Névache with its unique Italian charm!
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking