Ski touring and yoga in Armenia around Sevan Lake
from 1770 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Born from the volcanoes of Mount Ararat that dominate the country with their symbolic strength, Armenia is the heart of a civilization where ancient cultures and Christianity blend together.
With beautiful peaks, high plateaus traveled by nomads and shepherds, interesting churches and ancient fortresses that can be reached by ski touring, and a rich and deeply rooted culture, Armenia has many attractions.
Highlights of this trip around Lake Sevan:
- Route through isolated valleys and beautiful, ski routes little or never skied
- Focus on yoga and ski touring
- Encounters that punctuate the journey
- Visits of Lake Sevan and its monastery, the highest freshwater mountain lake in Europe
- Accommodation in a hotel facing the mountains
D1: Departure for Armenia.
Reception at Yerevan airport, transfer and check in at the 3 * hotel in the city center.
D2: Visit the city of Yerevan.
Visit the Matenadaran - Institute of Ancient Manuscripts. The collection, which is rich in about 17,000 manuscripts, touches virtually every area of ancient and medieval science and culture in Armenia. Tour of the city through the different sites of interest: Republic Square, esplanade of the Cascade with the statues of Botero, Opera Square, Katoghike and Zoravor churches, etc. Trip to the hotel of the stay, installation and dinner at the restaurant of the hotel. First practice of yoga initiation in the evening.
D3 to D6: Discoveries to ski touring and yoga.
From monday day 3 to thursday day 6, alternation of collective Vini yoga practice and ski touring excursions. Experience the unity between 2 practices, unity with a land still full of potential, full of wealth in this country. Unity with oneself. Picnic lunch for those who go skiing, and restaurant for those staying at the hotel. Dinner at the restaurant.
D7: Ski touring in the Kotayk region.
Breakfast at the hotel. Last practice of yoga before a transfer of 1h30 in private vehicle to join the place of ski of the day: Mount Hatis. A feminine energy for a summit. Then 1h30 transfer in a vehicle to take the time to immerse yourself in a particular place: the monastery of Geghard which represents medieval Armenian architecture at its peak. Installation in a hotel room in the village of Garni. Assistance in the preparation of traditional bread and skewers in the traditional oven. Tasting of the local brandy. Night at the inhabitant.
Duration 4-5h, positive and negative elevation gain: 800m.
Small snack before departure.
Transfer to the airport (about 1h30 drive).
The price includes
- Airport - Hotel - airport transfers in Yerevan
- 8 nights accomodation: *** hotels, bed and breakfast
- Vehicle according to the number of participants (Ford Transit or Mercedes Sprinter minibus) for transfers on days 1, 2, 7 and 8
- Full board accomodation from day 2 breakfast to day 8 snack
- Mineral water, tea or coffee during all meals
- All excursions and cultural visits mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees for all cultural visits mentioned
- Services of a local francophone cultural guide accompanying you on the days of transfers 1 and 8, and on days 2 and 7
- Services of a professional driver for the days of 1, 2, 7 and 8
The price does not include
- Flights to Armenia
- Travel insurance (illness and repatriation)
- Individual equipment (ski, transceiver, shoes, poles, sunglasses, etc.)
- Other drinks than those listed under "The price includes"
- Personal expenses
- *** Hotel in Yerevan and in the mountains
- To be confirmed