Snowshoeing weekend in Dévoluy (Hautes-Alpes)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Dévoluy Massif rhymes with snowshoeing at the foot of sumptuous cliffs and through wild valleys.
The passes and peaks offer exceptional views of the Southern Alps.
The outing in the valley of Charnier which enters in the heart of Dévoluy at the foot of the Grand Ferrand, will take you to Charnier pass to discover a vast horizon on the peaks.
D1 (Saturday): Welcome to the cottage around 12pm / 12.30pm for a picnic.
Departure at 1pm for a hike to the Col du Rabou that is reached by browsing a vast alpine and soft relief. Here you discover the huge limestone cliffs of the Pic de Bure. At the pass it is a vast panorama on the south of the Écrins which awaits you.
Altitude difference: 500m, walking time: 4h.
D2 (Sunday): The hike in the valley of the Charnier enters the heart of Dévoluy, at the foot of Grand Ferrand, one of the two emblematic mountains of the massif. You will discover the entrance of the chorums, local geological specificity. At the Col du Charnier a vast panorama on Dévoluy and the mountains of Trièves and Bochaine is offered to you.
Elevation gain: 800m, walking time: 6h.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance
- Walking shoes for snowshoes
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section
- Gîte Le Liéraver, "quartier de l'Eglise", in Saint-Etienne-en-Dévoluy
- To be confirmed