Snowshoeing weekend in the region of Meije (Hautes-Alpes)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
You will enjoy an exceptional setting in the "country of the Meije" during this weekend of snowshoeing in La Grave (Hautes-Alpes department).
On the program of these two exotic days: some villages and hamlets hanging on the mountainside. Here again resounds the voice of Gaspard de la Meije, the first peasant-guide to have climbed for the first time this mythical ans spectacular summit in 1877.
The snowshoes hikes take place on the huge plateau of Emparis, facing the mythical north face of the Meije and its huge glaciers.
D1 (Saturday): Welcome at noon at La Grave and picnic meal.
Departure at 1.30pm for the snowshoes hike in the vast white lawns of the Lautaret pass between Hautes-Alpes and northern Alps. From Villard-d'Arène, we will go in the direction of Lac du Pontet.
Altitude difference: 400m, walking time: 3h.
D2 (Sunday): Hike on the Emparis plateau.
An exceptional setting in the country of Meije with the mythical peaks of Oisans tickling your eyes. We take time to evoke the life of these immense glaciers as well as the history of the great conquests of mountaineering.
Altitude difference: 700m, walking time: 6h.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance.
- Walking shoes for snowshoes.
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section.
- Lodge hotel "Les Mélèzes", church place in Villard-d'Arène.
- To be confirmed