Snowshoeing weekend in Valbonnais / Écrins National Park
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Valbonnais Valley in Isère is the gateway to the Écrins National Park. Here the snowshoe routes are off the beaten path.
This valley has kept an authentic character with a specific architecture, and mountain life and agriculture still very present. The valleys are often decorated with fabulous icefall.
D1 (Saturday): Appointment at 12.30pm at the cottage for picnic, then departure at 2pm.
This hike from the cottage passes through a beautiful beech forest. Then you go to the meadow of Alpe and the cabin of Clapeyroux. Nice view of the Ornon Valley and the imposing face of the Armet.
Altitude difference: 500m, walking time: 3h.
D2 (Sunday): Getaway in the Ecrins National Park from the Desert-en-Valjouffrey (access by car).
The snowshoe hike in Font Turbat Valley leads you to the foot of the imposing north face of Olan, while skirting beautiful waterfalls often ice. Here there is more chance to cross a chamois than a hiker.
Altitude difference: 600m, walking time: 6h.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance
- Walking shoes for snowshoes
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section
- "La Boussole" lodge, hamlet of Daurens, in Chantepérier
- To be confirmed