Snowshoeing weekend in Valbonnais (Écrins, Isère)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Valbonnais valley in Isère is the gateway to the Écrins National Park. Here the snowshoe hiking routes are off the beaten track.
This valley has kept its authentic character with a specific architecture and a mountain and agricultural life that is still very much alive. The valleys are often decorated with fabulous ice-falls.
D1 (Saturday): Appointment at 12.30pm at the cottage for picnic.
Departure at 2pm for the snowshoes hike (from the cottage) that passes through a beautiful beech forest. Then you go to the meadow of Alpe and the small hut of Clapeyroux. you will enjoy a nice view of the Ornon Valley and the imposing face of the Armet.
Altitude difference: 500m, walking time: 3h.
D2 (Sunday): Getaway in the Ecrins National Park from the Desert-en-Valjouffrey (access by car).
The snowshoe hike in the Font Turbat valley leads you to the foot of the imposing north face of the Olan, while walking along beautiful waterfalls often made of ice. Here you are more likely to come across a chamois than a hiker.
Altitude difference: 600m, walking time: 6h.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance.
- Walking shoes for snowshoes.
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section.
- "La Boussole" lodge, in the hamlet of the Daurens in Chantepérier.
- To be confirmed