Snowshoeing stay in Champsaur (Hautes-Alpes)
from 215 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This snowshoeing stay in Champsaur Valley is a discovery trip: it is mainly aimed at people who want to discover the activity and who are not especially great sportsmen! The efforts are not violent and the altitude elevations are modest, the main thing is to have fun.
In addition to the fun aspect of these outings, this snowshoeing stay will bring you to autonomy. You will discover how to make the right choices in terms of route search, safety (you will learn how to use an transceiver and to probe the snow), and finally enjoy the beautiful Champsaurins landscapes under the sun of the Hautes-Alpes, by walking at your own pace!
D0 (Sunday): reception from 3pm, equipment setting and welcome drink.
D1 (Monday): Hike.
This day is devoted to the discovery of the activity and the valley: choice and settings of equipment, warm up, taking into account everyone's expectations, security concepts (transceiver demo, little explainations on nivology).
D2 (Tuesday): Wildlife outing (chamois, ibex).
Snowshoeing is not only a goal in itself, it will also allow you, in the valley of Champoléon or Prapic, to observe the chamois and ibex with binoculars and long view.
D3 (Wednesday): Valley of Molines or Serre-Eyraud, discovery of the forest.
Relaxing day in the forest. Slow climb to the refuge. Pick up dead wood for our fire and grill over a wood fire! In the direction of the pass, we will take a few steps to discover the top of the valley and snowy northern faces. Beautiful show in perspective!
D4 (Thursday): Mountain outing, picnic at the summit.
A beautiful day in perspective, with a small summit nice bonus and superb views of the Champsaur and Gapençais!
This program is given as an indication and can be modified according to weather conditions and snow conditions.
The price includes
- Accommodation in our cottage for 6 days
- Lunch (picnic), dinner, breakfast, from reception (J0) to separation, snack during outings
- Transport by minibus for 4 days of hikes
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
- Transport to arrive at the cottage and to leave the cottage (possibility to pick you up at Gap station)
- Drinks and additional expenses
- Transceiver, shovel, probe security kit for those who do not have it (42€)
- Cancellation / assistance / repatriation / interruption insurance
- "La radiaire" cottage in Gap
- To be confirmed