Snowshoeing weekend in the Vercors (Isère)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
During this beautiful weekend, the highlands of the Vercors massif will offer you an exceptional wild environment for the practice of snowshoeing.
But these days of snowshoes hiking are also full of history: that of the maquis of the Vercors and the ascent of Mont Aiguille. The high plateaus of the Vercors Regional Park Conservation Area are also the home of preserved fauna and flora, and they exude an incredible sense of wholeness.
D1 (Saturday): Snowshoeing to the ridges of Platary.r
Meet at 12.30pm at the hotel for the picnic.
Departure of the snowshoes hike at 2pm towards the ridges of Platary with some beautiful panoramas on the Trièves, on the cliffs of the Vercors massif, on the Mont Aiguille and on the Dévoluy massif.
Positive altitude difference: 350m, walking time: 6 hours.
D2 (Sunday): Snowshoes hike in the Vercors highlands Conservation Area.
Climb to the plateau by Pas de l'Aiguille or Pas de l'Essaurre (depending on the snow conditions). A wild atmosphere awaits you for the crossing of a historic step, as well as views from Diois to Mount Ventoux. Return to the vehicle around 5pm and dispersion of the group.
Positive altitude difference: 600m, walking time: 6 hours.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance.
- Walking shoes for snowshoes.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- "Gai Soleil du Mont Aiguille" hotel, hamlet of "La Richardière" in Chichilianne.
- To be confirmed