Snowshoeing weekend in Bauges Massif (Savoy)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Come and discover the Canadian atmosphere of the Bauges mountains, for a timeless hike.
From the plateau, composed of vast expanses of pastures and forests, you dominate the turquoise lake of Bourget and the Savoyard summits. Your hike on Mount Revard and the mountain of Bange alternates between ridges, clearings and forests.
D1 (Saturday): Meet at 1.30pm in the village of Arith, in front of the church.
Departure at 2pm to the refuge of Creux de Lachat. You will pass by the Col de la Cochette and the southern tip of the mountain of Bange, before reaching the refuge by the pastures (1430m).
Positive elevation: 500m, walking time: 3h.
D2 (Sunday): Departure at 9am for the crossing of the mountain Bange by ridges.
You will come across beautiful clearings with their alpine chalets.
Return to the vehicle around 5pm and dispersion of the group.
Positive elevation: 300m, about fifteen km in distance, walking time: 6h.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance
- Walking shoes for snowshoes
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section
- "Creux de Lachat" refuge, guarded and heated
- To be confirmed