Snowshoeing weekend in Chartreuse (Isère)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Chartreuse massif is a beautiful limestone fortress, a sanctuary steeped in history where man has been able to set up a life around the forest, the pastures and the clearings.
It's in this paradise of snowshoeing that we will climb deep valleys to better discover the massif.
D1 (Saturday): Appointment at 12.30pm at the cottage for picnic, then hiking.
At 2pm start of the snowshoes hike to discover the forest of the Chartreuse Desert, a Mecca for meditation. You will join the Habert Billon after walking throught the passes and the meadows of the Sarriette and the Ruchère.
Positive elevation: 350m, 3 hours walk.
D2 (Sunday): Outing from the cottage to reach the Petit Som (1772m).
At the summit you will enjoy a beautiful panorama and the landscapes typical of Chartreuse. The Petit Som dominates the Monastery of the Carthusian Fathers, jewels of the Chartrousian architecture. Return to the vehicle around 5pm and dispersion of the group.
Positive elevation: 600m, 6h walk.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in the lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance.
- Walking shoes for snowshoes.
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section.
- "La Ruche à gîter" cottage, in La Ruchère, municipality of Saint-Christophe-sur-Guiers.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking