Snowshoeing weekend in Chartreuse (Isère)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Chartreuse Massif is a limestone fortress, a sanctuary steeped in history where man has been able to set up a life around the forest, pastures and clearings.
In this paradise of snowshoeing, we will go up deep valleys to discover the massif.
D1 (Saturday): appointment at 12.30pm at the cottage for picnic, then hiking.
At 2 pm departure for the hike to discover the forest of the Chartreuse Desert, a Mecca for meditation. You will join the Abert Billon by the passes and meadows of Sarriette and Ruchère.
Positive elevation: 350m, 3 hours walk.
D2 (Sunday): outing from the cottage to reach the Petit Som (1772m) which offers a beautiful panorama and landscapes typical of Chartreuse. This summit dominates the Monastery of the Carthusian Fathers, jewels of the Chartrousian architecture. Return to the vehicle around 5pm and dispersion of the group.
Positive elevation: 600m, 6h walk.
This program can be modified at any time according to the climatic conditions, nivological and physical abilities of the participants as well as the availability of accommodation. Ultimately I remain the only judge of the program.
The price includes
- Accommodation: one night in a lodge with half board, from D1 dinner to D2 breakfast
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles
- Supervision by the hiking guide
The price does not include
- Drinks and other personal expenses
- Cancellation and interruption of stay insurance
- Walking shoes for snowshoes
- Anything that is not mentioned in "The price includes" section
- "La Ruche à gîter" cottage, in La Ruchère, municipality of Saint-Christophe-sur-Guiers
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking