Ski touring on the high road Arolla-Zermatt (Valais)
from 420 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Starting from the village of Arolla in the Swiss Valais, I propose you to join the mythical high road from Chamonix to Zermatt for 4 magnificent days of ski touring.
You will evolve in a spectacular high mountain environment, between glaciers and summits of more than 4000 meters such as the Dent Blanche or the Matterhorn all close. The accommodation is comfortable, in guarded mountain refuges which will offer us their warmth and comfort.
If you are interested in other technical routes in the Alps, I also propose during spring:
- three days of ski touring in the cirque of Leschaux, in the heart of the Mont-Blanc massif,
- a 5-day raid around the Mont Vélan and the Grand Combin in Valais.
D1: Arolla - cabane des Dix.
From the village of Arolla, we reach the Pas de Chèvres, then we descend thanks to ladders on the glacier of Cheilon before going up in direction of the Dix hut.
D2: Cabane des Dix - cabane des Vignettes.
From the hut we take the direction of the glacier of Tsenâ Réfien and then of the col de la Serpentine before reaching the summit of the Pigne d'Arolla. At 3787 meters of altitude, the view is incredible on the highest peaks of the Valais: Dent Blanche, Dent d'Hérens, Matterhorn, Grand Combin, etc. After enjoying it, it's time to go down to the Vignettes hut where we spend the night.
D3: Cabane des Vignettes - Cabane Schönbiel.
The day starts with a short descent and then a long easy climb to the Col de l'Evêque. We then join the high glacier of Arolla before going up to the col du Mont Brûlé whose final part requires to put the skis on the back. We continue by crossing the high glacier of Tsa de Tsan to the Valpelline pass, then to the Schönbiel hut where we spend the night.
D4: Cabane Schönbiel - Zermatt.
Last day of raid and long descent to Zermatt after having passed at the foot of the impressive north faces of the Dent d'Hérens and the Matterhorn.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- The mountain guide's fees.
- Specific equipment and safety kit (avalanche beacon, probe, shovel) loan if necessary.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Arolla, about 2 hours drive from Chamonix (carpooling possible).
- Accommodation and meals in refuges.
- Personal equipment.
- Mountain insurance valid in Switzerland.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In huts.