Vertical altiplano: climbing road trip in Bolivia
from 615 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Reserved for climbing fanatics, it is a one week trip through the main climbing sites and cliffs around La Paz that I propose you here.
This trip is suitable for beginners as well as experienced climbers: there are well-bolted cliffs as well as new trad climbing routes still to be opened.
Don't forget to specify your level and your wishes in order to personalize the itinerary.
D1: Climbing in Pomani.
2 hours drive from La Paz drop us off at the village of Pomani, dominated by an impressive monolith of red rock. We set up camp and spend the day reviewing climbing and abseiling techniques.
D2: Climbing in Pomani.
We climb all day long, on routes of all levels and up to 100m high.
D3: Climbing in Peñas.
You start the day with a 3 hour trip through the altiplano, with magnificent views of the Royal Cordillera to reach the historic village of Peñas.
Afternoon on bolted routes of the local cliffs.
D4: Archaeological hike.
4 hour walk and 300m of ascent around Peñas to visit rock paintings of the Chiripa culture and colonial ruins.
D5: Multi pitch routes in Peñas.
We climb all day long on the superb Placa del Aguila.
The routes are sporty and trad, up to 120m high.
D6: Climbing in Puerto Chaguaya - Mina Matilde - Dragon Dormido.
We drive 2 hours to the small but sublime trad climbing site of Puerto Chaguaya. You will then enjoy the delicious hot springs of Mina Matilde and go camping on the sandy beach of Dragon Dormido, on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
D7: Climbing in Escoma.
A short transfer and you climb all day long in Escoma, on the banks of the Rio Suches.
On the program, trad routes up to 150m high.
To finish, return to La Paz or continuation of the trip.
The price includes
- Private transport during the trip
- Supervision by the French-speaking mountain guide ( 1 guide / 2 persons)
- The cook and complete food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), with drinking water at will
- Tents and foam mattresses
- Carriers and mules for carrying the bags
- Collective equipment: rope, cams, quickdraws...
- Fees and other local charges
- A small handcrafted souvenir
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen, satellite phone...
|Number of persons||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||1525€||930€||730€||615€|
The price does not include
- Return flight to La Paz
- Hotel in La Paz (but I'll be happy to help you book it)
- Sleeping bag and other individual mountaineering equipment (can be rented in La Paz at reasonable prices)
- In tents or basic accommodation in the villages
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking