Canyoning and hiking in the Torotoro National Park
from 540 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Located in a peaceful valley with a pleasantly warm climate, the Torotoro National Park in Bolivia offers its visitors long hikes to discover dinosaur footprints, waterfalls in deep canyons and limestone caves where strange little transparent fishes swim between the stalactites.
The possibilities for adventure sports are endless and despite their relative isolation, the villagers are welcoming and well organized to receive visitors. What more could you ask for?
D1: Cochabamba - Tarata - Cochabamba.
A 6-hour trip on quite steep gravel roads, winding from one valley to another. Some public vehicles of the region are decorated with magnificent tyrannosaurs. On the way, you visit the colonial town of Tarata. In the late afternoon, arrival in Torotoro (where we visit the Pachamama museum and the Rosas Tikka Artisan Center).
D2: visit of the Umajalanta cave, halfway between speleology and tourism.
The cave isn't technically difficult but the atmosphere is very pleasant with many concretions. After the picnic, you will discover the rock formations called "Ciudad de Itas".
D3: Hike to the fossils of Siete Vueltas and to the ruins of Llama Chaki.
We walk all day in the hills, visiting different small paleontological and archaeological sites to finally reach the ruins of the ancient fortress, at 3200 meters of altitude.
About 6 hours of walking, depending on the route.
D4: El Vergel waterfalls.
Hike to the dinosaur footprints of the Cerro de Huayllas, the Cañon Mirador and descent to the El Vergel waterfalls where you swim. Return through the cave paintings and the Wakasenqa siphon. We take advantage of the numerous rocks to update our abseiling techniques for the descent of the next few days.
D5-6: 2 days of canyoning to go down entirely the Torotoro canyon.
Good abseiling technique required as well as knowing how to swim. Several characteristic places such as the 60 meters waterfall, las Angosturas (narrow) and Playa de los Enamorados. We bivouac halfway, where dry clothes and hot drinks are waiting for us.
D7: Return to Cochabamba and end of the services.
The price includes
- Private transport Cochabamba - Torotoro (round trip).
- Picnics during the hikes and hot meals in the evening.
- Supervision by the English-speaking mountain guide and the local guides experienced in speleology and canyoning.
- Entrance ticket to the Torotoro National Park.
- Collective canyoning equipment (rope and anchors).
- A handcrafted souvenir.
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen, satellite phone...
- Helmet and headlamp for caving.
|Number of participants||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||1385€||860€||640€||540€|
The price does not include
- Flight to Cochabamba (or bus from La Paz or Santa Cruz).
- Hotel in Cochabamba.
- Individual canyoning equipment (harness, helmet, descender, neoprene suit recommended).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- El Eden hotel (or similar depending on availability) in Torotoro.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking