Aussois discovery via ferrata (Maurienne, Savoie)
from 49 € / p. from 2 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose here a combination of two sections of the via ferrata du Diable (Devil in english) perfect for a good first experience of the activity: la descente aux enfers ("the descent to hell") and la montée au purgatoire ("ascent to purgatory"). The course will delight the whole family, but the little ones under 12 years old will have to wait a little longer.
Located in Savoie in the Maurienne valley, the via ferrata of the Diable (Devil in english) is composed of 7 varied sections, both in difficulty and in strong emotions. It is one of the most beautiful and longest via ferrata of the Alps, and it is logically one of the references of the via ferrata fans.
Near the resort of Aussois, you evolve in the cliffs of the Forts de l'Esseillon which watch since 1832 over the Mont-Cenis pass, strategic passage to Italy. Between the Victor-Emmanuel Fort and the Marie-Thérèse Redoubt, you are here in a large cirque which faces the Vanoise National Park.
The landscapes in the gorges of the Arc are grandiose, the atmosphere is wild, especially during low season. Suspended at a hundred meters above the river, you evolve on footbridges, cable bridges or other playful workshops. According to the chosen course, the technical and physical difficulties are very varied, but everyone will be able to have fun!
During this day, I propose you to combine the following sections:
- La Descente aux Enfers.
From a (very narrow) skylight of the Fort Victor-Emmanuel, you start by following a path that joins the edge of the cliff. The via ferrata of the "Descente aux Enfers" takes you to the bottom of the gorges of the Arc. At first not very difficult but vertiginous, the route becomes more athletic with overhanging passages until reaching the impressive "Passerelle des Enfers" (Hell's footbridge) dominating the river by about thirty meters.
- La Montée au Purgatoire.
- From there, the "Montée au Purgatoire" rises in a beautiful quartzite cliff. The following ledges are easy, but the last section, along the Nant waterfall, is very athletic, with overhanging parts. You then reach the Redoute Marie-Thérèse where your adventure ends.
If you want a more sportive course, I can propose you to add the sections of "La traversée des Anges" and "La montée au ciel" to this via ferrata discovery of Aussois.
- Meeting point in Aussois at the Fort Victor-Emmanuel parking lot.
It takes about 1 hour to drive from Albertville and 1.25 hour from Chambéry.
- No approach walk.
- Duration of the course: abour 2 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of safety equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point.
- Personal insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking