Frequently Asked Questions
General information related to the web site
Yes, DirectMountain is totally free for the visitors!
DirectMountain is a website that offers you many activities related to mountain in order to meet your expectations.
DirectMountain gives you quickly and easily all the useful information about these offers and the mountain professionals who propose them, so that you live unforgettable experiences!
DirectMountain is for all mountain activities lovers who are looking for an unforgettable day, experience or journey.
Because DirectMountain gives you all the information to directly contact the registered professionals: email address, phone numbers, website, social networks, ...
Issues related to the use of the web site
You have two options:
- or by clicking on the "Info & booking" button of an offer: fill in the form online, leave your contact details and the pro will recontact you to confirm your reservation,
- either directly to the professional, by email or phone after clicking to get his contact information.
From the profile page of a professional or from the page of an offer, just click on "VIEW EMAIL", "VIEW CELL PHONE NUMBER" or "VIEW PHONE NUMBER", then accept the ToU (first time only).
Yes of course! Contact us at email@example.com if you want to share photos, blog posts, etc. related to an performance you have found on DirectMountain.
We will be happy to spread these memories in the "NEWS" section.
You can then directly contact a professional to submit your desire and see if he can arrange it for you.
Go to the "PROFESSIONALS" section, choose your activity, then refine your search according to your criteria.
Any person who has used his services for a service proposed on the web site.
Issues related to the supervision by mountain professionals registered on the web site
When registering, each professional provides us a copy of his diploma or his professional card.
Nevertheless, we recommend you to re-verify the validity and authenticity of this information before using the services of the professional.
It depends on the certifications(s) they have. The table below details the links between supervised activities and certifications.
Hiking Guide Mountain Guide Canyoning instructor Rock climbing instructor Ski instructor Caving instructor Mountain bike instructor Musher Mountaineering X Canyoning X X Ice climbing X Rock climbing X X Hiking X X Snow shoeing X X Mushing X Backcountry skiing X X Freeride skiing X X Caving X Via ferrata X X X Mountain biking X* X
*: if he/she has the mountain biking certification
DirectMountain web site is open to the following mountain professionals:
- Hiking guides
- Mountan guides
- Canyoning instructors
- Rock climbing instructors
- Ski instructors
- Caving instructors
- Mountain bike instructors
Issues related to the professionals registered (or not) on the web site
The photos you use on your profile page or on your offers should not exceed 1Mb.
If you have larger pictures, here's how to compress them easily so that they have the right size:
1. Go to web site resizepiconline.
2. Click "Upload images" and choose the picture you want to compress in your folders (you can upload several images).
3. In the "Select" section, select the pictures you want to compress (by default they are: blue icon at the bottom right of each image).
4. In the "Resize" section:
Do not move the "Width" slider.
Position the "Quality" slider to the right on "best".
If your image is not in jpeg or png format, position the "File type" cursor on JPG, otherwise leave it on "don't change".
5. Click on the "Resize" button below.
6. In the "Results" section, the software gives you the size of each new compressed image.
If this size is greater than 1000Kb (= 1Mb), repeat the operation by choosing a lower quality image ("Quality" slider to "high" or "medium" or "low" if needed).
7. When the size is OK, download the compressed image by clicking on "download" and then saving the corresponding file in the desired location.
The name of the image is changed so that the original image is not overwritten.
This photo must represent your face in order to introduce you to the visitors.
If you do not have a directly usable photo, you can crop your face from a larger photo.
Here's how to proceed:
1. Go to web site resizeyourimage.
2. Click on "Browse" and choose in your folders the image on which your face appears.
3. Use the arrows and buttons to define a more or less square area in which your face is centered.
4. If cropping is OK, click the "DO IT" button.
5. The new image appears, click on "SAVE". Save it under a new name so you do not overwrite the original image.
6. Use this image as an avatar photo.
If you do not have a suitable panoramic picture, you can crop it on standard format picture (4/3 or 16/9).
Here's how to proceed:
1. Go to the site convertir-une-image.
2. Go to part 1: "Choisir le format d'image".
Click on the icon "JPG".
3. Go to part 3: "Sélectionnez votre image".
Click on "Choisir le fichier" and select in your folders the chosen picture.
Click on the icon to see the "OUI" from "J'accepte les conditions d'utilisation du site".
Finally, click on "Envoyer cette image".
4. Define an area on the image that has one of the following criteria:
- Dimension of 1920x252 pixels
- A width/height ratio of about 7.6
Then click on "Valider".
5. Click on "Télécharger l'image".
Save it under a new name so you do not overwrite the original image.
6. Use this image as an introduction panoramic picture.
You have to give them an explicit name, which corresponds to the content of the picture.
For example, for the face picture: brad-pitt-rock-climbing-instructor.jpg
Or for a photo related to an offer: gokyo-lake-khumbu.jpg, mont-blanc.jpg...
To validate your registration and for your information to be visible to visitors, you must send a scan or a photo of your certification card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the panoramic image that appears at the top of your profile page.
It is on this image that your slogan is written if you have one.
The presentation image can represent a landscape that you like or that you know well, one of the activities that you propose on the site, etc.
If you have a panoramic image you can use it as is.
If you take a picture in a standard format (4/3, 16/9 or other), only a center strip will be displayed.
And if you want to crop a picture better, go to the question "How to crop your introduction panoramic picture?" of this FAQ.