Off-piste / freeride skiing in Serre Chevalier
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
I invite you to discover and practice off-piste and freeride skiing in Serre Chevalier, in the Hautes-Alpes.
Skiing began in my childhood in Serre Chevalier. Important snowfalls, blue sunshine, cold, dry air, mountains everywhere, of all types, days of hurtling down these mountains, slaloming between these larches... So many adventurous memories in this resort, because in Serre Che you can stay on the slopes of course, but you can also let yourself be tempted by the rest, and very quickly forget that you've taken a chairlift to find yourself in isolated, wild places.
I've been riding in Serre Chevalier for over 30 years, and teaching as a ski instructor for over 15. I love my job and helping people discover the resort's magnificent off-piste terrain. There are a multitude of off-piste zones: forests, treeless areas, couloirs... You'll find all the exposure you need to optimize your chances of getting good snow!
An itinerary like the Montagnole offers 1300 meters of vertical drop accessible by ski lift, so you don't have to walk! For some of them, the combination of lifts and a maximum of half an hour's walking offers even more uncrowded and wilder itineraries, such as the Cucumelle, the tête de la Balme with its superb couloir, Mont Prorel, the Bois de l'Aiguillette...
- We meet before the outing to discuss your level, your desires and the safety elements you need to know for an off-piste outing.
- I adapt the program according to your knowledge. It's essential that you know a few things about safety before going off-piste. We'll go over it together, and if necessary I'll give you a refresh before and during the first lifts.
- And before venturing out into the wild, there's nothing like a warm-up and some technical advice to get the most out of your outing.
- Then it's off for a magical ride. Then, depending on your tastes, I'll suggest a restaurant that's just right for you. Then it's off again for an afternoon of bliss until you run out of thirst.
The price includes
- Supervision by the ski instructor:
- Learn the essentials of off-piste safety. And more for the motivated.
- Simple, effective warm-up.
- Technical tips for more thrills and less effort.
- For those who are interested, educational sessions to help you progress on a specific theme.
- Itineraries adapted throughout the day.
- Off-piste safety equipment: avalanche beacon, shovel, probe.
- Some souvenir photos ;-)
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point in Serre Chevalier, a few kilometers from Briançon.
- Ski pass.
- Personal equipment (skis, boots, helmets, poles, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking