From ridges to plateaus: family roaming with donkeys in the south of Vercors
from 210 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
"Hiking with a donkey, it is to walk differently, it is to choose to live in nature taking with you all that superfluous that allows to be oneself".
This tour will allow you to enter the wild natural reserve of the Vercors highlands, to appreciate the silence, to discover a very interesting fauna and flora and to better understand the pastoral life. Thanks to our four-legged companions you will be able to travel light and in autonomy and thus to install bivouacs in places of dream.
An ideal formula for families and lovers of authentic nature.
D1: Meeting in Bénevise at 9:30am. Presentation of our fellow travelers, distribution of loads. Climb on the high plateaux of Vercors passing under the Aiguilles de Bénevise through pine forest, fields of lavender and walnut trees ... We will access the plateau and the reserve at the sheepfolds of Tussac.
2 hours of walking, installation of the bivouac near the sheepfolds.
D2: Many routes are possible on the plateau. Perhaps we will have the chance to observe chamois, ibex and marmots. From Tussac, we will head north to the sheepfolds of the Jardin du Roy and Chaumailloux. We will choose a superb location for the bivouac taking advantage of the few springs.
D3: Our roaming will lead us to the Tête Chevalière, superb belvedere towards Oisans and Obiou. Then it will be the return to civilization by the Col de Greuson and bucolic Combeau Valley. Latest cuddles (and even a few tears sometimes) to Prince, Baptiste, Zoé ... This is a goodbye! Separation in Benevise after a short transfer from Combeau around 5pm.
The price includes
- Price: 260€ / adult and 210€ / child up to 12 years accompanied
- Full board during the whole circuit, plan the tent or warn us if you do not have one
- Donkey rental
- Supervision by the hiking guide specialized in traveling with donkeys
- Last day tranfer from Combeau to Benevise
The price does not include
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance
- Visits and activities not planned in the program
- Possible transfer from Die to Bénevise and the return (15€ / person / way)
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed