Trekking in the Royal Cordillera (Bolivian Andes)
from 470 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The Cordillera Real is the largest of Bolivia's many mountain ranges. I propose you here is one of the most sporty and adventurous of the many treks that can be done in the massif (possibilities from 1 to 21 days...).
A good physical condition, a minimum of acclimatization and a certain sense of balance are necessary because we follow the glaciers as close as possible, on steep moraines with often seasonal snow. The landscape is typically Andean. In the distance, you will sometimes see Lake Titicaca in the distance.
D1: Drive from La Paz to Peñas through the Bolivian Altiplano.
Acclimatization walk (4h, 300m of positive elevation) around Peñas, to visit rock paintings of the Chiripa culture and colonial ruins.
D2: Beginning of the trek, La Calzada - Janqu Quta.
First, we walk along the lakes of La Calzada valley. By a long climb between the boulders up to a pass at 5250m, we switch to the "white lake" Janqu Quta (4750m).
D3: Janqu Quta - Chearoco Base Camp.
We climb an unnamed pass at an altitude of almost 5400m. We pass the Chearoco glaciers and a curious lake full of icebergs. We then descend to Kinamarini valley where we camp.
D4: Chearoco Base Camp - Chachacomani Base Camp.
Today we cross the sometimes snowy Patatapatani pass, at 5260m above sea level. This allows us to reach the Alto Cruz Pampa valley near the Chachacomani Base Camp (+/- 4500m) in a vast marshy valley.
D5: Chachacomani Base Camp - Jailliwaya Kunka pass - Jailliwaya.
Today's pass is a little lower than the previous ones, at 5000m altitude. A long walk in the valley leads us to the village of Jailliwaya where our vehicle is waiting for us.
The price includes
- Private transport from La Paz (return trip)
- Supervision by the French-speaking mountain guide
- The cook and complete food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), with drinking water at will
- Tents and foam mattresses
- Carriers and mules for carrying the bags
- Fees and other local charges
- A small handcrafted souvenir
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen, satellite phone...
|Number of persons||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||1020€||625€||510€||470€|
The price does not include
- Return flight to La Paz
- Hotel in La Paz (but I'll be happy to help you book it)
- Sleeping bag and other individual mountaineering equipment (can be rented in La Paz at reasonable prices)
- In tent or in basic accommodation in the villages
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking