Gokyo Ri and Renjola Pass trekking
from 1400 € / p. from 6 to 14 personsInfos & Booking
Come and discover the traditional villages around Namche Bazar and their monasteries during this Gokyo Ri and Renjola Pass trekking. The roots of Sherpa and Tibetan Buddhism can be found here, on the steep slopes of the Solukhumbu.
The hikes offer breathtaking views of three of the highest mountains of 8000 meters: Everest, Lhotse and Makalu, but also of mountain ranges above 7000 meters.
The journey begins with an interesting flight to Lukla (2730m). From here the adventure follows the old route taken by Tenzing and Hillary, the first Everest climbers in 1953. All along the route, the traditional villages still retain their culture and beliefs as they did a century ago.
If you have more time to discover this Khumbu region, I also suggest the Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar trek, as well as the Everest 3 Passes trek with the climb of Island Peak.
D1: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Meeting at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
D2: Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding.
The morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla offers a panoramic view of the eastern part of the Himalayas: Langtang, Gauri, Shanker, Numbur, Manglungtse and finally Everest appear during this 45-minute flight.
About 3 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D3: Phakding - Namche Bazar (3450m).
We cross the Dudh Kosi river several times and climb (with a quite steep last climb) to reach Namche Bazar where you can see Everest. Some Tibetan shops and traders sell jewellery and handicrafts from Tibet. Every week an important market is held where the farmers of the surrounding area sell their crops of wheat, corn, millet, etc..
Approximately 6 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D4: Acclimatization day around Namche Bazar.
Night in a lodge.
D5: Namche Bazar - Dole (4000m).
We climb above Namche Bazar along the Dudh Kosi by a gently sloping path on the mountainside to the Mong pass. The views of Ama Dablam and Kangtega, two of the most spectacular peaks in Nepal, are amazing.
About 6 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D6: Dole - Machermo (4450)m.
Today we hike up steeply through rhododendrons, junipers and then conifers. We pass through the alpine villages of Tongba (3960m), Gyele (3960m), and Lhabarma (4220m). The view of Khumbila and Tawoche is magnificent throughout the day.
About 6 hours of walking, overnight in lodge.
D7: Machermo - Gokyo (4750m).
We reach a first lake located at 4720 meters above sea level then discover a second one at 4690 meters to finally lead to the Gokyo lake at 4750 meters. Gokyo is a grazing place for yaks, consisting of seven buildings.
About 5 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D8: Gokyo - Gokyo Ri (5360m) - Gokyo (4750m).
It is while climbing Gokyo Ri above the lake that we enjoy the most beautiful panorama of the Everest region. From the top, the spectacle is unforgettable, the highest peaks of the Earth are there: Cho Oyu, Makalu, Lhotse, Everest, Cholaste and Tawachee.
About 4 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D9: Gokyo - Phortse.
From Gokyo, the trail descends to Phortse, including a section through the terminal moraine from the Ngozumpa glacier to Na (4400m).
About 6 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D10: Phortse - Namche Bazar.
The trail descends from Phortse and reachs the original Khumjung road before reaching Namche Bazar.
5 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D11: Namche Bazar - Lukla (2800m).
We cross the Gumila forest to reach Lukla.
6 hours of walking, night in lodge.
D12: Lukla - Kathmandu.
In the morning, flight to Kathmandu. On a clear day, the view is superb over the Himalayan range.
Transfer to the hotel.
The price includes
- Airport/hotel/airport transfers.
- Insurance for the Nepalese team.
- 10 days of trekking with full board in lodge.
- Everest conservation permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu flights.
- Supervision by an experienced English-speaking guide.
- An assistant guide from 4 people.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the rules of the Nepal porter's union, one porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an extra porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- International flights.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, glasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (compulsory: check that your insurance covers you in case of an accident, i.e. all medical costs, the cost of helicopter evacuation and air repatriation home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is still valid 6 months after your return date).
- Transport for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Entrance fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery, etc).
- The costs of exceptional events (road cuts, landslides, general strike, bad weather conditions, snow...) which cannot be foreseen.
- Supplements for a single room in the lodges.
- Hot water in the lodges.
- Recharging of batteries in the lodges.
- Bank charges for international transfers.
- Anything not mentioned in "Price includes".
Any interrupted or shortened trip, any change of programme at the request of the participants (accident, illness, altitude sickness, early return, shortened trek, etc.) will not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trek.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking