Multi pitch climbing route in Martinswand (Vosges)
from 150 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
Discover the multi pitch routes climbing in the heart of the Vosges mountains, on the Martinswand cliff!
Located between Gérardmer and Colmar, facing the Hohneck (third highest peak of the massif), the Martinswand is one of the highest cliffs of the Vosges. It offers many itineraries of all levels, on a granite of excellent quality and in a very wild and exceptional environment. Indeed, the panoramas on the valley of Frankenthal and the valley of Munster are sublime.
The hundred or so routes are divided into different sectors (Petit Cervin, Martinswand, Strassburgerwand, Petites voies, Voies de sortie) for heights up to 120 meters. The climbing is varied: slabs, cracks, dihedrals and vertical walls, all on compact rock, follow one another for your greatest pleasure.
After a short warm-up to discover or rediscover the equipment and belay techniques, we will start a climb of over 100 meters high. The route will be chosen according to the level of the participants.
To give you a better idea of what to expect, here is a selection of routes from the Martinswand from the collaborative website CampToCamp.org.
- Meet at the Martinswand parking lot, 20 minutes drive from Gérardmer and 45 minutes from Colmar.
- About 15 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the routes.
- Approximately 3 hours of climbing on the multi pitch route.
- Abseiling to reach the foot of the routes (can be avoided by taking a mountain path).
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Individual and collective safety equipment (ropes, harness, helmet, quickdraws, belay device, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point.
- Clothing adapted to the activity.
- A bottle of water and cereal bars in case of tiredness..
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking