Trail discovery course in Chartreuse (Isère)
from 165 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Chartreuse massif, the high plateaus, the easily accessible peaks and the protected forests are ideal terrain for trail running.
During this course, I propose wild and spectacular routes in the heart of the natural park. At the pace of running we will climb two mythical peaks of Chartreuse, the Charmant Som and the Grand Som. Our exploration will also lead us to the discovery of the Grande Chartreuse Monastery, a true encounter with a preserved nature and its history.
This course is open to all. It is nevertheless better to have a regular running practice, once or twice a week. There will be no need for performance on these two days, you will only enjoy the pleasures of running outdoor in an exceptional environment.
You will be supervised by a mountain leader specialised in trail running and you will run in small groups. Outings of 3 to 4 hours per day, including breaks. The difference in altitude is relatively small.
Becoming autonomous in trail-running:
This weekend is particularly suitable for beginners wishing to start running in the mountains but also for runners wishing to progress in mountain terrain and set medium and long term objectives. This course will be an opportunity to improve your running technique and your effort management in the mountains, to better understand the phases of ascents and descents on difficult terrain and to use the poles in various situations. Throughout the weekend and during the thematic evening, we will address the themes of training, nutrition and recovery, then safety in the mountains in order to become autonomous.
Technicality: easy paths most of the time with one or two technical passages without difficulties (ridges, scree, névés, steep slopes) during the outing.
From 10 to 13 kilometres and between 500 and 800 meters of positive difference in altitude per day.
This training course will perhaps make you want to run the Grand Som trail that I also propose.
D1: The Charmant Som (15km, 600 meters of positive altitude difference).
- Welcome at 9am at the Porte pass.
- 10am - 7.30am: hike and run with workshops.
- Techniques for moving downhill and uphill.
- Use of poles.
- Physical and sports preparation, stretching.
- End of the afternoon: installation at the lodge.
- Evening: conference-debate on trail physiology, nutrition and training preparation.
D2: Ridge run at Grand Som (17km, 800 meters of positive altitude difference).
- Long run on a majestic and wild route in the heart of the Chartreuse park.
- Techniques of evolution in difficult terrain.
- Effort management.
- End of the trip at the Col de Porte at 5pm or at the Grenoble train station at 5.45pm
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader specialized in trail running.
- Personalized coaching: analysis of objectives and development of individual training plans on request.
- Pedagogical and technical courses.
- Half-board for the two days.
- Civil liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point and from the end of the tour.
- The two lunches (picnic).
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Lodge at Col de Porte or Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking